Poll: Who wins this series?

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: Boston (4) vs Toronto (5)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Jagr is a monster. He is still offensively relevant today at 41 with less speed and pazazz. If he were 24-25 today and in his prime, he'd dominate with his size, hands and leg strength.
    Still better offensively than more than half of the league but has certainly lost a step.

When guys is stripping him of the puck or not allowing him to get out of the corner you can see its not the jagr of old.

Saying that, I'm more nervous when he has the puck than any other bruin including the hot krejci.

Dobber Sports Ninja

McJagr can definitely still hold the puck with the best of them, but he's clearly lost a step physically from his former dominance which prevents him from making that final power move to convert these possessions into goals.

He's like a poor man's Hossa now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    McJagr can definitely still hold the puck with the best of them, but he's clearly lost a step physically from his former dominance which prevents him from making that final power move to convert these possessions into goals.

hossa is a great skater...i dont understand that comparison at all.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

When Hossa's 41 he'll be sitting by a lake, reading novels and enjoying a steady diet of apricots and cranberry sauce But, yes, he no doubt lost a few steps and at the top level, timing is paramount - as you said the difference between a scoring chance and a goal.

That said, Jagr is nothing short of amazing. He has over 1,680 NHL points and bolted to Russia for a few seasons, after scoring 123, 96 and 71 points. Conservatively speaking, If Jagr averaged 82 points a season in the NHL (those 3 years he was in Russia) he would now be 2nd all-time in NHL scoring with 1,934 points... and the only player in NHL history besides Gretzky who could break 2,000.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think the Leafs will be helped out by the fact it's back-to-back nights. If there was an extra day between games, it would almost be like there was too much time to think. But they won, got on a flight, got home, went to their families, slept, practice, and then the game.

They'll be so pumped from the Game 6 win they won't have enough time to get nervous for game 7.
    Very good point nc

The Great One

That is actually amazing.

Dobber Sports Icon

When Hossa's 41 he'll be sitting by a lake, reading novels and enjoying a steady diet of apricots and cranberry sauce
    Post of the thread.

Dobber Sports Pro

So Boston had to stay in TO last night due to plane issues, nice.

Go Leafs!
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    When guys is stripping him of the puck or not allowing him to get out of the corner you can see its not the jagr of old.
    On the contrary, Jags was one of the only Bruins able to hang onto the puck for more than a second last night. I think I saw him cough it up once when double teamed on the boards but other than that he was dipsy doodling all over the offensive zone like he normally does.

I haven't played EA NHL in years but if it's anything like what I remember, Jagr would be rated as a 99 for Puck Control but like a 72 for speed...basically he's the guy you give it to to lug up the ice and set up in the zone cause he's almost impossible to knock off the puck

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    On the contrary, Jags was one of the only Bruins able to hang onto the puck for more than a second last night. I think I saw him cough it up once when double teamed on the boards but other than that he was dipsy doodling all over the offensive zone like he normally does.

I haven't played EA NHL in years but if it's anything like what I remember, Jagr would be rated as a 99 for Puck Control but like a 72 for speed...basically he's the guy you give it to to lug up the ice and set up in the zone cause he's almost impossible to knock off the puck
    I was going to mention that about JJs puck control and u beat me too it. Yes eccellent point about the doubleteam. Noted that and how o'byrne got outmuscled by him too.
    Guy is a beast!!!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    oh boy. Speculation this morning is that Gunnar might be out, and Holzer might play for him. Ouch.
    That is an enormous downgrade.
    Noooooooooooopo

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    I was going to mention that about JJs puck control and u beat me too it. Yes eccellent point about the doubleteam. Noted that and how o'byrne got outmuscled by him too.
    Guy is a beast!!!
    Pfft... give Jagr a purse and send him up against O'Byrne and then we'll see who wins.

Boston has a really spotty record in game 7s at home in recent years (except their cup year, obviously).

2009 - Lost Game 7 at home vs Carolina
    2010 - Lost Game 7 at home vs Philly
    2012 - Lost Game 7 at home vs Washington

2011 they won 3 game 7s, so the length of this series shouldn't surprise us.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Legend

I haven't played EA NHL in years
    You need to catch up. At least NHL2012 where they created legends like my boy Borje Salming!! These games are unreal these days - yes, I'm still a child.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

You need to catch up. At least NHL2012 where they created legends like my boy Borje Salming!! These games are unreal these days - yes, I'm still a child.
    i'll whoop anyone's ass in any EA nhl game, any year

Dobber Sports Master

Yeah, Jagr's never really been a flyer... just ask any Pens fan.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril