Poll: Who wins this series?

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: Boston (4) vs Toronto (5)

Dobber Sports Stud

I held my mouse with trepidation this morning as I clicked on the score.......this is me sitting on cloud nine for the rest of the day!! Go figure, first time the Leafs get to a game 7 for what...a decade, and I'm not around to watch it. This does make me wonder, are they winning because I haven't been able to watch? Oh GAWD, say it aint so. I am the Leafs curse.....NOOOOOOOOOOO

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Very impressed by the effort tonight.
    Colborne played a great game for someone thrown in with the lions like that. Grabovski's whole line were strong on the puck all night, although Grabo icing the puck like that going for the empty net was a dumb play, and will sully an otherwise strong performance.

Phaneuf had his best game of the series, so I have to give him credit. They needed him to step up.
    Yeah agree with the accessment of Grabs line. And yes that was a real brainfart by Grabby. I understand his intent trying to score(and if he did nothing would be said) but when u miss it looks bad. Shouldve taken his time which he had and made a better decision.

But geez he has really matured since coming over. Real team player.

Game 7? I have no expections. Yes the leaf fan in me wants a 'a win'. But either wayits been a great season. Thx for the efforts.
    Last edited by sparrowtrini; May 13, 2013 at 7:54 AM.

Dobber Sports Icon

Boston needs to win tonight to save my sanity. After games 5 & 6 my phone/facebook/e-mail has exploded with Leaf fans acting like they just won the Stanley Cup. They are even more insufferable than I was in 2011.

I recognize that the Leafs have been the better team in the series. If the Bruins (particularly Marchand and Seguin) don't get their heads out of their asses tonight, they deserve to lose to the Leafs.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Icon

Boston's plane was malfunctioning and they had to spend last night in Toronto according to ESPN
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Boston's plane was malfunctioning and they had to spend last night in Toronto according to ESPN
    We paid off the Air Canada maintenance crew

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Julien needs to wake up. Jagr should be playing with Bergeron or Krejci, not stone hands Kelly and the other guy. He's been their best player on most nights, try shuffling the lines a bit when you're trailing.
    Very good advice.....but shhhhh.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Boston needs to win tonight to save my sanity. After games 5 & 6 my phone/facebook/e-mail has exploded with Leaf fans acting like they just won the Stanley Cup. They are even more insufferable than I was in 2011.

I recognize that the Leafs have been the better team in the series. If the Bruins (particularly Marchand and Seguin) don't get their heads out of their asses tonight, they deserve to lose to the Leafs.
    Yeah this is a key factor.
    Seguin is trying but he seems to have lost his confidence.
    March is another thing. Too busy trying to sucker Leafs into penalties. And Leafss got him off his game.
    I expect a big game from all bruins tonight. Leafs cannot be tight. They have to go for it right away.
    Well the plane foopa and age may be to the leafs advantage, experianced talent usually will win out. And woulodnt a good nights rest actually help a veteran team?
    Im really missing Fraser's toughness too. I hate having O 'byrne playing a role in game 7. Ugh.
    You were so right about that trade Gilmour.
    Last edited by sparrowtrini; May 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM.

Dobber Sports Icon

i also dont go for the idea that the all the pressure is to the bruins diadvantage. Good vets like that they step up in those situations. I fully expect the same from the Bs tonight.
    At the same time this is a whole new experiance for the leafs. i expect tightness and an early barrage from the bs. If they can somehow withstand that and use their speed against this so called tired bruins team im hoping they can pull it off.
    Last edited by sparrowtrini; May 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM.

Dobber Sports Legend

Leafs in 2 OT. JVR with the goal.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

What. A. Game.

I just woke up from the party last night! Time to do it all over again!

Great games by everyone and they'll need to do it again today. Reimer, Phaneuf, Franson, Gardiner, and every forward played their best game if the season. Liles started off shaky but eventually settled down.

From my understanding Bozak was out because his right arm was numb. I'm sure he would have dressed if he could still take draws....

Who's going to leafs square tonight?!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Leafs in 2 OT. JVR with the goal.
    hope your right. but man with all the emotion in this series u gotta believe these guys will be gassed after 3 periods alone.

Dobber Sports Icon

Agreed.
    Jagr has been terrific. Dangerous almost every time he's been out there.
    He's still so incredibly strong on the puck, despite being a little slower than he was.
    just ask so called big boy ryan o'byrne.....

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    i also dont go for the idea that the all the pressure is to the bruins diadvantage. Good vets like that they step up in those situations. I fully expect the same from the Bs tonight.
    At the same time this is a whole new experiance for the leafs. i expect tightness and an early barrage from the bs. If they can somehow withstand that and use their speed against this so called tired bruins team im hoping they can pull it off.
    I think the Leafs will be helped out by the fact it's back-to-back nights. If there was an extra day between games, it would almost be like there was too much time to think. But they won, got on a flight, got home, went to their families, slept, practice, and then the game.

They'll be so pumped from the Game 6 win they won't have enough time to get nervous for game 7.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

Agreed.
    Jagr has been terrific. Dangerous almost every time he's been out there.
    He's still so incredibly strong on the puck, despite being a little slower than he was.

I also have no expectations for tonight. Of course I would love a Leafs win, but a big part of me think Boston is due for a VERY strong game. They haven't overwhelmed or intimidated the young Leafs since Game 1, and I'm concerned tonight might be the night they find their mojo.

Either way, great experience for this Leafs squad!!!
    Jagr although incredibly strong on the puck has certainly lost a step. It's a shame really, because you can still see his amazing skill set.

But I agree with your post

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Jagr although incredibly strong on the puck has certainly lost a step. It's a shame really, because you can still see his amazing skill set.

But I agree with your post
    Jagr is a monster. He is still offensively relevant today at 41 with less speed and pazazz. If he were 24-25 today and in his prime, he'd dominate with his size, hands and leg strength.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka