Thread: Yakupov

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Yakupov

I feel like I can acquire Yakupov from a GM relatively cheap, now I love the kid and think he is going to be a superstar but is he going to be a better keeper then Backstrom, Thornton, Parise, Pominville, M.Koivu, Wheeler, Pavelski, Weiss, D.Roy, Voracek, Perron, Krejci? We can only keep 5 forwards and it is straight points only.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Stud

For points only, Backstrom Parise are stars that are still relatively young. These guys are locks.

Thorton is still a great option in points only, but you'll have to ask yourself when do you want to start transitioning away from as he is 33 (could keep producing 70+ for another 3-5 years though) so I wouldn't be rushing to drop him from the keeper list.

Then you have Pominville, Koivu, Krejci, Roy that I feel are 65-75pt guys and will be in those ranges. for years to come. I'd roll my dice with Koivu in this group.

Then there is Voracek, is he a scoring star or was it just a really hot streak? I don't have an answer for that as I haven't seen him play much.

Pavelski - great player but I don't think he has the upside of anyone else listed above.

I'd avoid these guys:
    Perron - injury prone
    Weiss - injury prone and would really need to bounce back

So what would I do?

Backstrom, Parise, Thornton, Yakupov, and one of Koivu or Voracek.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    For points only, Backstrom Parise are stars that are still relatively young. These guys are locks.

Thorton is still a great option in points only, but you'll have to ask yourself when do you want to start transitioning away from as he is 33 (could keep producing 70+ for another 3-5 years though) so I wouldn't be rushing to drop him from the keeper list.

Then you have Pominville, Koivu, Krejci, Roy that I feel are 65-75pt guys and will be in those ranges. for years to come. I'd roll my dice with Koivu in this group.

Then there is Voracek, is he a scoring star or was it just a really hot streak? I don't have an answer for that as I haven't seen him play much.

Pavelski - great player but I don't think he has the upside of anyone else listed above.

I'd avoid these guys:
    Perron - injury prone
    Weiss - injury prone and would really need to bounce back

So what would I do?

Backstrom, Parise, Thornton, Yakupov, and one of Koivu or Voracek.
    Nice post Black Gold ! I would do the same but I'll keep Voracek over Koivu !!
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's close, but I don't think I'd keep Yakupov over the top 5 on your list. Backstrom, Parise, Thornton, Voracek, Wheeler and Koivu would all be ahead of him for me, leaving him 7th. You could debate Koivu and Wheeler, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that they will outscore Yakupov next year at least.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper