Thread: Fasth or Hiller for playoffs. PLEASE say Fasth

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Fasth or Hiller for playoffs. PLEASE say Fasth

Had a draft last night (22 franchises). LOTS of suds. Took Fasth over Hiller.
    Fasth does have better GAA, Save% and more shutouts. Any chance he starts the playoffs??? It was my decision to pick Fasth, my co-owner wasn't happy with this and man am I going to hear about it if Fasth doesn't start.
    Any chance Fasth will start and play lots of games. I don't follow goalies at all. According to LWL Hiller starting tonite.
    THANKS...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sorry to piss in your Cheerios, but I think it's Hiller's job to lose.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    Sorry to piss in your Cheerios, but I think it's Hiller's job to lose.
    I'm really hungover this AM...thanks a lot...for that visual with the Cheerios ...and for the bad news. Do appreciate your replying maya has the knife.
    Gives me some time to prepare for the bad mouthing I'm going to get from co-owner.
    Last edited by everfeb; April 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    I'm really hungover this AM...thanks a lot...for that visual with the Cheerios ...and for the bad news. Do appreciate your replying maya has the knife.
    Gives me some time to prepare for the bad mouthing I'm going to get from co-owner.
    Did last night's drinking play a role in selecting Fasth over Hiller?

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah they will roll with Hiller for sure - if he has a couple of really bad games they may put Fasth in, but I can't see Hiller not getting all the starts (unless he lets in 5 in his first couple of games).
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    Did last night's drinking play a role in selecting Fasth over Hiller?
    That...plus 35 drunk guys yelling and screaming and hooting hollering for 3+ hours, in a small enclosed area, impairs one's judgement a bit.
    But mostly, I just had a quick look at the stats before picking him, saw he played about the same number of games as Hiller, had a better GAA, save% and more shutouts than Hiller and took a guess he would start. I didn't know who was #1 or #2. Looks like I guessed wrong. Goalies have a lot of value in our draft-2 points for win plus I for shutout but I hadn't done much goalie research before the draft (I will next year). To make matters worse, we got him twice...as a secret pick after the 4th round (each franchise secretly chooses a player who hadn't been drafted yet ((at this point Hiller hadn't been drafted either)) and then he was still available in the 5th round so I picked him again.
    At this point, if he doesn't play, I'm out of the money before the playoffs even start...crap.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Yeah they will roll with Hiller for sure - if he has a couple of really bad games they may put Fasth in, but I can't see Hiller not getting all the starts (unless he lets in 5 in his first couple of games).
    I don't generally pull AGAINST someone, but just gotta hope Hiller's a sieve and the Ducks get thrashed in their 1st game. And then...duh da da duh... Fasth comes in to save the day for the rest of the playoff. Yeah, wishful thinking.