Thread: Help Build My League

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Help Build My League

So after several One-Year leagues I am starting my own dynasty league this coming season. I have some thoughts on how I want to create this league but would also like some input in regard to some of the league setup. Having a dynasty league takes committment and also having a very solid league system in place. So I am branching out for some good advice.

The format will be as follows:

16 teams. H2H Multi Cat Dynasty League ( each cat is a win/loss/tie). Daily lineups. Fantrax

Starting lineups: 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G. 8 reserves and 15 prospects max per team.

Scoring Cats: Skaters: G,A,PPP,PTS, PIM,+/-, H+B,SOG,TOI = 9 skater cats.
    Goalies: W,Svs,SV%,GAA,SO = 5 goalie cats

Playoffs: 8 teams make the playoffs. Playoffs would run for 3 weeks.

Two division champions in each of our two conferences and 2 wild card teams per conference = 8 teams seeded 1-4 in each conference.

The bottom 4 teams in the league would enter the lottery to determine the first 4 picks in the next seasons prospect draft ( NHL entry draft) Draft slots 5 thru 8 would be set via won/loss record. 9-16 would be set based off playoff results.

My main questions center around how to best setup the prospects. 100 GP for skaters and goalies? Or something different?

Also, the best way to run add/drops. Prevent streaming? Give a limit on add/drops for scoring period or a total max add/drop amount for the year?

Is it better to have Hits and blocks as just one cat combined as I outlined in my cats setup or have them seperated?

Without going much more in depth and dragging this post out to long, I'd appreciate any/all feedback to help guide my league setup. Also any suggestions or ideas I have not listed above are welcomed as well.

Thank you.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bump.

Anyone lend some thoughts to the above?