Thread: Tavares plux X for Malkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Tavares plux X for Malkin

Just looking for some advice on how much I should give up for Malkin. The deal so far is Tavares plus "picks" or Tavares and someone like Jamie Benn for Malkin plus "picks".

Current Keepers:
    Tavares, Ovechkin, Hall, Benn, Anderson (potentials include Ott, Duchene, Marchand)

League Details:
    14 team league, 5 keepers, 20 players
    Offensive: G,A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, HITS, FO, PIMS, SOG
    Goalie: Save %, GAA, Wins, Shutouts, Total saves

Dobber Sports Prodigy

if you're not keeping Duchene, and if you cant trade him to someone in your league who lacks keepers for picks, then might as well throw him in with Tavares, lest you lose him for nothing
    8 GM, keep 8, 10F 5D 2G
    G/A - 1 W/SO - 2
    F: Malkin, Kessel, Benn, Okposo, Foligno, Ladd, RNH, Wheeler, Oshie, Callahan, Neal, Brassard
    D: Karlsson, Shattenkirk, Giordano, Carlson, Muzzin, Hamonic, Suter
    G: Elliot, Holtby, Andersen, Allen

12 GM, keep 5, 10F 4D 2G
    G/A - 1 GWG - 0.5 W/SO - 2
    F: H.Sedin, Datsyuk, Kessel, Hossa, Ribeiro, Schwartz, Stepan, RNH, Marchand, Pacioretty, Cole
    D: Weber, Jones, Savard, Shattenkirk, Giordano
    G: Lundquist, Dubnyk, Elliott, Smith

Dobber Sports Giant

If you keep 5, it doesn't matter if you give Tavares ''+'' cause you aren't keeping the ''+'' anyways. Hold on to your picks and offer him Tavares + Benn and keep Duchene as your 5th guy. If he can keep Benn, I think he could be inclined to pull the trigger on it. I also prefer Duchene to Benn.

In a limited keeper like this, you always want the best player, but a team with a spot to fill might be willing to do that type of 2 for 1.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like you getting Malkin and am ok with you doing this 2 for 1 since you have 2 very legit keepers in Benn and Duchene. I think if it's Tavares + Benn or Duchene for Malkin you should be getting Malkin and a 3rd rounder, mabye a 2nd if he has extras but take a 4th or 5th if its a dealbreaker and you get pushed.

The interesting balance here is Duchene vs Benn. I would prefer to keep Benn but both him and Duchene are very close because of the difference in hits, pims, sog, fow. If FO is not faceoff wins then I favor Benn, if it does equal faceoff wins then its close to a wash between the two.

All this said ironically it is not you getting Malkin that would push me to make this move, it's extracting value from the opportunity lost in dropping one of Benn or Duchene.
    Last edited by Vancityguy; April 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Values

This is some great feedback. A lot of it is based on my having to drop duchene. Do people agree I have identified the right keepers? What about hall or ott? FO is face-offs.

Dobber Sports Master

Tavares wins alot of faceoffs for a youngish guy .....
    your team might take a hit in that cat .