Thread: Quick Hitters - Need Help PLZ! Repp!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Quick Hitters - Need Help PLZ! Repp!

Hey boys,

It's down to crunch time in my league and I'm currently in a 3-way tie for 1st! Things are extremely tight and any move can make or break me at this point. I had a few questions and hopefully some of your great fantasy hockey minds can help me out! I need W, +/-, and G. I could also use some PIM possibly..

1. Schneider: Looks like he will sitout the last 2 games, should I drop him? Or do you guys think its work hanging onto him for a possible Saturday start? I can pickup Vokoun or Bernier if I want to but not sure if they'll be starting.. Anyone know if Vokoun is a go tomorrow?

2. Who would you guys pickup for tomorrow night based on matchups? Some guys available include: Ryder, Steen, Plekanec, Brassard, Brunner, Prust..

THANKS BOYS! Any info ask and I will provide =)

Dobber Sports Icon

1) Schneider is apparently hurt so it might be worthwhile picking up Bernier or Vokoun - LWL has Fleury as 'probable' tomorrow, unconfirmed but likely to start. I could see Vokoun starting the last game of the year, but who knows. LA only has one game left and Bernier started last night, so I am pretty sure Quick will get the last one. Schneider is out tomorrow for sure, and from what I've heard he will likely sit out the last game too, so if you are going to roll the dice, Vokoun would be the choice.

2) Very tough choice, but from that list, I think I would go with Brassard - he's been playing great since the trade. Brunner might be a solid choice too - Detroit has to win and he's tied to Zetterberg.

Hope that helps...
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Giant

1) I would drop Schneider. I don't see Bernier playing the last game and if Fleury is set to play the next game, I can't see the Pens benching their starter for their last game right before the playoffs. If they were gonna play Vokoun, it should have been the next game and not the last... That being said, who else is available in nets?

2) The player in that bunch that is likely to give you the most ''fantasy points'' is Prust IMO. I can see him dropping the gloves a couple of times in the next few games and getting a point or 2 as he will be a key factor in Montreal's momentum going forward into the post season. Their current slide has to end soon and Prust is the type of guy on the team that could kickstart that motion. I also like Plekanec for your +- (and potential goals but no PIMS). Brunner hasn't produced well in the past month or so, not sure what is wrong there...
    Who is available from the Rangers (other than Brassard), the Sens, Columbus and Detroit?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I like Vokoun & Brunner.
    DET has been playing well lately and Brunner has been getting pucks on net.
    They look like a very confident team, of late.

Many teams will rest their goalie for the last game of the season.
    PIT has clinched 1st overall, so I fully expect to see Vokoun in their last game of the season... perhaps the last two.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for the help boys.. I have to add guys for tommorow's matchups, here is a list:

Saad vs CGY
    Landeskog @ MIN
    Yandle vs COL
    Stastny @ MIN
    Ennis vs NYI
    Doan vs COL
    Okposo @ BUF
    Ott vs NYI
    Setoguchi vs EDM
    Cullen vs EDM
    Boedker vs COL
    Vermette vs COL

I need to choose 3 of these guys and I need G,+/-,SHP, and PIM.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by L2TG View Post
    Thanks for the help boys.. I have to add guys for tommorow's matchups.
    I need to choose 3 of these guys and I need G,+/-,SHP, and PIM.
    Saad vs CGY
    Ott vs NYI
    Setoguchi vs EDM
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay