Thread: Niemi tonight

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Niemi tonight

If the Sharks play Niemi tonight would you go with him in net against Phoenix in the second game of a B2B? Categories are W, GAA, SV% & SO. Neither of us have a SO and I'm ahead in the other 3 categories but my opponent has Quick, the Chicago tandem & Bobs. I have Hiller, Pavelec, Elliot & Niemi.

Dobber Sports Expert

Do you need more goalie starts? I'm curious b/c with teams starting to lock up their respective playoff seeds more and more starters will be rested heading into the final weekend of the regular season. With this in mind if you need some starts get them sooner rather than later.

I don't love SJ on the road for the second of a back-to-back slate. If you don't need it I'd rest Niemi even if he does play. I like STL at home against CGY on Thursday. After that I prefer your 2 Saturday options...PHO @ ANA [hopefully Hiller] and SJ @ LA. If ANA tried and PHO has nothing left to play for this should be a cakewalk. If the SJ game Saturday night determines home ice between these 2 teams in the 1st round it'll be hotly contested and Niemi is a solid start even if he is on the road.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask