Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cammalleri....SOB!!!

Dobber Sports Star

You always put out the best team to win. Anything else is cheap and disgraceful.
    So companies are obligated to chase short-term profit at the expense of larger longer-term returns? Why shouldn't an organization be given the freedom to manage their team from a longer-term perspective?

One could argue that the goal of the team isn't to win Game X but win a championship. Whatever puts them on solid ground to win a championship soonest is strategically the right play, no?

(just playing devils advocate... I understand where you're coming from from a sportsmanship standpoint, but that certainly doesn't follow logically)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by punkasss View Post
    Playing tonight
    LOL Effing Hell I dropped him last night thinking Calgary was shutting him down.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Some of those vets probably want to have some of the youngsters in to play an NHL game or two so that they know exactly what it's like to be a pro. It's alot better than say teams like Nashville and Edmonton who are keeping their teams somewhat intact but the effort is noticeably lacking. When Calgary shipped out Iggy and J-Bo they actually performed to a higher level, had their first three-game win streak of the season... I'd rather see them give youngsters a chance (think of it in baseball terms in September when rosters are expanded). How else do you know going into training camp if a guy is ready for an NHL role except by playing an NHL game?
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I dropped his ass and called up McDonald. Feels like an improvement at this point.
    GO WINGS!