Thread: Get off the bench!

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Get off the bench!

Reporters 'interviewing' coaches and players during the game on the bench - seriously, who gets anything out of it? The intermission interviews in the tunnel are totally unnecessary and annoying to begin with - same old crap every time, but the bench stuff is just beyond ridiculous. The players and coaches obviously don't like it, as a viewer I don't like it. The only time its remotely entertaining is when Tortarella gets it - you can't help but laugh at the disgust on his face.

/rant over
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Agreed. I'm not trying to dis America, but this is totally an American network thing. CBC, TSN, and Sportsnet do not do this and I absolutely hate it. Save your interviews for intermissions and pre/post game. Even in warm ups is fine, but get off the benches. That is the type of "fan access" that just is unnecessary and dumb.

Dobber Sports Guru

I think it's only been good twice. Once when Quenville blasted the refs for missing a hit (Quennville got fined, but the player was suspended, but I can't remember if it was the Torres hit or not). And two, McGuire asked Torts if he missed the Quiz on TSN his first season coaching the Rangers.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Legend

I agree. And, yes, it is an American network brainchild, and it is a joke. Get out of the effing kitchen and let the chef cook. It provides no value for the fans at home either - the coach is often irritated and just rambles off cliche fluff anyway. If the networks want to give the fan a "sneak peak behind the curtain," they should do a better job of miking the players and playback some of the best, edited cuts. In most cases, the fans only care about the players and could care less about the coaching staff.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka