Page 82 of 239 FirstFirst ... 32 72 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3574

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: I need a new show...

just finished The Keepers.. very similar to Making a Murderer. Catholic Church, molestation, cover ups and an unsolved murder..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Superstar

House of Cards season 5 is out today. The first 4 seasons are excellent and I'm excited for Season 5 to continue the story!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Yes 13RW is not too bad at all. Just one episode in and it reeled me in fairly quick. One of my 15 year old female students made an attempt at suicide a month back. Pretty girl like the one in the show and academically capable. You wouldn't have known anything was wrong with her. She's making an attempt at getting back at her studies but it's been a challenge. Glad she's still with us. I hope I never have to deal with the aftermath of one of my students taking their life. Our school board even sent letters home condemning the show as one that glorifies suicide and encouraged students not to watch it. I've been told a lot of students know of it and have viewed it.
    I think perhaps the school board should be making it mandatory viewing for all teachers and support staff so they know what the kids are watching. A kid isn't going to attempt suicide solely due to watching a show. There need to be other factors in place already. If a student starts mimicking a character on the show - that's a good sign there are bigger issues at play. Telling a kid not to watch it is just dangling a carrot enticing them to do so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    There was an article in an Aussie paper today claiming that this show inspired two suicide attempts recently. Glamorizing self-harm, etc, etc. I haven't seen it, but they are calling for it to be banned in Aussie.
    I'd be concerned that the underlying issues are being missed.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

anyone ever watch "Man in the White Castle" ? it was Amazon's first original series...

I saw the first couple episodes then got sidetracked and forgot about it until recently with the announcement of American Gods coming.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    anyone ever watch "Man in the White Castle" ? it was Amazon's first original series...

I saw the first couple episodes then got sidetracked and forgot about it until recently with the announcement of American Gods coming.
    i think you are confusing "man in high castle" and "kumar and harold go to white castle". Ive seen "man in high castle" and its pretty dang good, the kumar and harold.... pretty dumb.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    i think you are confusing "man in high castle" and "kumar and harold go to white castle". Ive seen "man in high castle" and its pretty dang good, the kumar and harold.... pretty dumb.
    Nope not confused, but didn't remember the exact title from having watched two episodes two years ago... that's for the clarification in yet another condescending post directed my way... fizz eventually goes flat, I think it's time for the you to move along to someone else

Dobber Sports Expert

So I binge watched the Season 1 of Riverdale last week, and I'm scared to admit that I loved it. Final episode was amazing.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    I agree. Man in the High Castle was very good. Definitely worth watching.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Guys House of Cards is back!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

No spoilers on House of Cards, please.
    I'm saving that for after NHL/NBA finished!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Can't wait for El Chapo!

Dobber Sports Master

Heard last night (by pure fluke) that the Dan Simmons' novel "The Terror" is being developed into a TV series produced by AMC, the same channel that does "The Walking Dead". I can honestly say that in the last ten years, I have read a lot of good books, but "The Terror" was fantastic; an atmospheric thriller that follows the real life and tragically doomed John Franklin Expedition in search of the Northwest Passage. Simmons added a touch of the supernatural to his novel to help "explain" what might have happened to Franklin and his two ships, and I expect the TV series to do the same. Some big names have already been cast as lead characters (Tobias Menzies, Ciaran Hinds, etc) and I, for one, cannot wait.

My only concern was that I couldn't find a concrete premiere date, and hope it doesn't get pushed to 2018.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Can't wait for El Chapo!
    Im away for work for a week and a half.....my ps4 HDMI to VGA coverter frigging broke on my drive out here and it's July 4 so nothing is open. I just finished the next House of Cards episode I was on and realized I really don't enjoy the show.....then I come on here and by seeing you say El Chapo....I'm immediately reminded of NARCOS!!! I haven't even seen a full episode but only hear GREAT things.

Thank you blayze

Dobber Sports Immortal

Has anyone seen GLOW? I watched the first episode and laughed out loud a few times. It has great reviews and is only a half hour long. And I mean...can't go wrong with Alison Brie.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Has anyone seen GLOW? I watched the first episode and laughed out loud a few times. It has great reviews and is only a half hour long. And I mean...can't go wrong with Alison Brie.
    I've seen a few clips already but haven't started watching yet. Have heard a lot of positive reviews.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov