Page 80 of 240 FirstFirst ... 30 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3592

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    5 episodes into Vice Principals and enjoying it. For the Canadians around here, think Mr. Dee but pg 18+. Dark comedy and a little quirky. If your ears bleed around lots of F bombs, it's not for you. I think the cast is very good and I've been laughing throughout.
    I loved Vice Principals too, but I just can't for the life of me see Dany McBride in anyone else than Kenny Mof0k1ng Powers.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Pro

Vikings, Black Sails, Rome, Spartacus are all cool shows if you are into that kind of thing. All have Game of Thrones-esque qualities.

Australian comedy "Please Like Me" and British Comedy "Fresh Meat" are very entertaining.

Dobber Sports Star

Really disappointed with the first couple episodes of Iron Fist. And I was SO looking forward to it. I am hoping that they can pull it around.

Rylant

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and it shames me to say, watched the first episode of Riverdale, and I REALLY liked it...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Monster

Anyone else only watch reality television or sports? Don't even watch movies anymore, can't get into anything thats not a real story. I mostly watch TSN Sportscenter, Sportsnet Central, Hockeycentral At Noon, Leafs Lunch, The First 48, and the odd documentary on cbc.....the "ISIS: Rise of Terror" that was featured on History was very good.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Just watched the first episode of "Iron Fist" and enjoyed it. This first episode focuses on Danny Rand's return to civilization, and a touch of his back story. It was just mysterious enough (why he was lost in the first place and why he returned) to keep me interested in watching.
    I know that Netflix has plans to combine four of its Marvel based shows, and that "Iron Fist" is the last of those four to air. In terms of how much I enjoyed the others, I would rank them as:
    1) Daredevil (great story and phenomenal action scenes)
    2) Jessica Jones (loved her sarcastic, but tormented character and the villain was superbly acted)
    3) Luke Cage ( didn't actually care for this show at all, and would rank it well below the others. Thought Cage's character could have been more likeable, and the corny bad guy (who looked like a poor man's Scorpion from the Spider-Man comics) did nothing to enhance the story. Maybe Cage will be more tolerable in an ensemble cast.
    Hopefully, Iron Fist, the series, will be more like Daredevil and Jessica Jones than Luke Cage.
    Four episodes into "Iron Fist", and besides one great fight scene with some would be assassins with hatchets in a hallway / elevator, it is starting to lose my interest. Dammit. I was hoping for better. The Danny Rand character isn't as assertive or as intelligent as I expected him to be. He seems to easily misled and manipulated. Similar to "Luke Cage", and to its detriment, there is also too many bad guys. Who is in charge of the criminal under ground here anyways...?
    I'll keep watching because I know it is associated with Marvel and ultimately Daredevil and the Defenders. After that, all bets are off.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Finished both OJ series... fantastic

The Night Of up next!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Finished both OJ series... fantastic

The Night Of up next!
    Oh ya. Both are incredible.

Been a while since I've had a show on that I find must watch....but right now Leftovers, Saul and Fargo are all back. TV heaven.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Somehow I let my wife bully me into HBO (during playoffs!).

We just finished 13 Reasons Why (Netflix).
    If you like teenager/high school drama, I do, this is a good show. 4/5 stars.
    It was originally a book. Topic is suicide... and how/why a person (one of two main characters) ended up there.
    We ended up power-watching all 13 episodes (1hr length) in a week.
    Its worth a one-show watch because a viewer will know after first episode if they Love It... or Hate It.
    [If anybody has seen "Paper Towns" (movie) - and liked that - then they will surely like this. If they hated that, they'll hate this.
    I actually speculate that Netflix developed the series in response to online viewership of Paper Towns.]

Currently (in btw hockey), I/we are watching final season of Girls, and staying current with Leftovers (Final Season 3) and Silicon Valley.
    Night Of and Westworld will also be watched quickly as I'm a cheap bastard and plan to get everything out of HBO in 2 months of viewing ($30).

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    For those who haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend "Big Little Lies" on HBO. It's a different kind of murder mystery - not only do you not know who is the murderer... you don't even know who the victim is.
    The acting is top notch - Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, and Laura Dern are phenomenal and Alexander Skarsgaard plays his role perfectly.
    Not a tonne of action, just a great story and excellent character development.
    +1 , I really enjoyed this mini series too .It was actually my first time catching shailene woodley in something .

I had let the series Rogue get a bit too backed up so I caught up in a big way over past few weeks. I really enjoy this series too but I came close to deleting the backlog on my dvr-I'm glad I changed my mind .I'm not sure what channel it airs on in US but in canada it airs on the movie network .

leftovers,the americans,better call saul,fargo and a new JFK doc on history channel are next on the agenda .

the wife and I usually record dateline / 48 hours and watch it together at some point during the week . Some of the recent episodes have been pretty stale so we fast forward to the last 5 minutes to see if the schmucks get tossed in the slammer or not lol .

Dobber Sports Master

Season 3 of Bosch is out and it is very good. Murder, double crosses, back alley dealing, drugs, theft of millions of dollars, and an underlying story of a cold case concerning Bosch's own mother. I love the book series by Michael Connelly, and highly recommend it, but would also suggest watching this great series if you haven't started it already.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Titan

13 reasons why.

i dont get emotionally attached or even have emotions for TV shows that don't include dogs, but this show is intense. Half the time when i'm watching TV/Netflix/what-have-you i'm on my phone. I actually text them now, "Watching 13RW, can't talk". It's definitely something people should watch.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    13 reasons why.

i dont get emotionally attached or even have emotions for TV shows that don't include dogs, but this show is intense. Half the time when i'm watching TV/Netflix/what-have-you i'm on my phone. I actually text them now, "Watching 13RW, can't talk". It's definitely something people should watch.
    I think it'll be next on my list.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I think it'll be next on my list.
    Someone mentioned it on the page before this one (i think like 2 posts back?) that i didnt see, but this show deserves multiple posts.

The baseline of the show is a highschool girl who commits suicide from the result of bullying (not a spoiler). As a male who had a good highschool situation (wasn't popular, but i had my friends) it hits hard that the stuff happening to this girl isn't anything rare. The girls I'm friends with now say this stuff does happen (maybe not all to one girl) and it blew my mind because I had no idea about that in my highschool years.

The worst i got was making fun of my thin build (honestly i looked like i couldn't hold a pen, my upper body was skin/bones) and my last name rhyming with a derogatory word which got old by gr9. So I was completely oblivious to this stuff before watching.

After watching 3ep last night (10-12 out of 13) I needed a break mentally. One of the best Netflix Production shows I've seen.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Someone mentioned it on the page before this one (i think like 2 posts back?) that i didnt see, but this show deserves multiple posts.

The baseline of the show is a highschool girl who commits suicide from the result of bullying (not a spoiler). As a male who had a good highschool situation (wasn't popular, but i had my friends) it hits hard that the stuff happening to this girl isn't anything rare. The girls I'm friends with now say this stuff does happen (maybe not all to one girl) and it blew my mind because I had no idea about that in my highschool years.

The worst i got was making fun of my thin build (honestly i looked like i couldn't hold a pen, my upper body was skin/bones) and my last name rhyming with a derogatory word which got old by gr9. So I was completely oblivious to this stuff before watching.

After watching 3ep last night (10-12 out of 13) I needed a break mentally. One of the best Netflix Production shows I've seen.
    I think I'll watch it with the GF. Hard to get her to watch some of the other greats out there.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Season 3 of Bosch is out and it is very good. Murder, double crosses, back alley dealing, drugs, theft of millions of dollars, and an underlying story of a cold case concerning Bosch's own mother. I love the book series by Michael Connelly, and highly recommend it, but would also suggest watching this great series if you haven't started it already.
    I really liked Season 1 and 2 of Bosch. Titus Welliver is great as the lead. I actually tend to activate Crave TV for 1 month a year just to get caught up on Bosch, and then cancel it again. I didn't realize Season 3 was out. I will have to do that.

Rylant