Page 76 of 240 FirstFirst ... 26 66 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3595

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: I need a new show...

try The OA, on netflix

Only 8 episodes, but left me saying WTF the entire time. I wouldn't be surprised if you watched the whole thing in 1-3 days.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I watched some of season 2 this past weekend. It's like a sports Entourage...very easy to get through and you don't even really have to pay attention.

It's enjoyable tho
    I enjoyed Entourage quite a lot so I will keep rolling with this one. Thanks!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    try The OA, on netflix

Only 8 episodes, but left me saying WTF the entire time. I wouldn't be surprised if you watched the whole thing in 1-3 days.
    +1 for this... I'm only halfway in but I NEED to finish watching the last ones ASAP
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Selanne13 View Post
    Not sure if it has already been mentioned but "The Night of" is awesome. Only 8 episodes though but brilliant IMO.
    I couldn't agree more. Very good show
    12 team full keeper dynasty league HeadtoHead - Point-Based

G/ A/P/ PPP/+/-/PIM/SOG/FOW/Hit/TK/BLK/GA/SV/SHO/W

C - Johansen, Giroux, Seguin, Hughes
    LW - Laine, Benn, Landeskog, Ehlers
    RW - Eberle, Bjorkstrand, Tkachuk, Boeser
    D - Seider, Doughty, Jones, D. Hamilton
    G - Andersen, Fleury, Saros
    Prospects - Guenther, Hofer, Lundkvist,

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I watched some of season 2 this past weekend. It's like a sports Entourage...very easy to get through and you don't even really have to pay attention.

It's enjoyable tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I enjoyed Entourage quite a lot so I will keep rolling with this one. Thanks!
    Thanks to both of you for recommending Ballers! I figured I'd watch the 1st episode and then go to sleep... I ended up watching 5 episodes and it was 2AM by then. I really like this show!

Mark Wahlberg is the Executive Producer of this show, just like he was with Entourage. I think it's common knowledge but just in case it isn't, Entourage is about Mark Wahlberg's life. He actually has a friend called Johnny Drama. "As the story goes, when Johnny auditioned for the roll of himself on HBO?s ?Entourage,? he didn?t get the part. Nevertheless, Johnny Alves is the real life ?Drama? and a close ?cuzin? of Mark Wahlberg." Quote is from here: http://www.aetv.com/shows/wahlburger...ny-drama-alves

The Great One

Ballers is good. And gets better as it goes on.

I started watching Shameless, first couple episodes. Im sure I'll move on at some point but right now it's doing the trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Ballers is good. And gets better as it goes on.

I started watching Shameless, first couple episodes. Im sure I'll move on at some point but right now it's doing the trick.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Thanks to both of you for recommending Ballers! I figured I'd watch the 1st episode and then go to sleep... I ended up watching 5 episodes and it was 2AM by then. I really like this show!

Mark Wahlberg is the Executive Producer of this show, just like he was with Entourage. I think it's common knowledge but just in case it isn't, Entourage is about Mark Wahlberg's life. He actually has a friend called Johnny Drama. "As the story goes, when Johnny auditioned for the roll of himself on HBO?s ?Entourage,? he didn?t get the part. Nevertheless, Johnny Alves is the real life ?Drama? and a close ?cuzin? of Mark Wahlberg." Quote is from here: http://www.aetv.com/shows/wahlburger...ny-drama-alves
    Alright you sold me. Ballers is up next

Dobber Sports Pro

I stumbled across Channel Zero last week. It's pretty cool. Spooky miniseries with a Stranger Things vibe to it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    +1 for this... I'm only halfway in but I NEED to finish watching the last ones ASAP
    It'll leave you spinning!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just watched half of season 1 of Ballers in a one sitting... this show is freaking awesome!

Love it even better than Entourage!

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched half of season 1 of Ballers in a one sitting... this show is freaking awesome!

Love it even better than Entourage!

Dobber Sports Sage

Big fan of The Rock and love Ballers, but I never thought it lived up to Entourage's level (not yet anyway).

That said...

Taboo (Tom Hardy) just started up and is showing a lot of promise. Eight episode mini-series written by Hardy and his father ~10 years ago. Pretty cool. BBC. Worth checking out.

Also, on the childish side, Netflix Original - A Series of Unfortunate Events - Season 1 released today.

And for all you Top Gear lovers, The Grand Tour, has been on for a couple of months now. New episode every Friday. The three musketeers picked this show up right where they left Top Gear. An hour of pure automotive entertainment spanning across the globe with a lot of laughs.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Wizard

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I just recently realized that "The People v. O.J. Simpson" wasn't a movie but instead a TV show, so I obviously started watching it. For some reason I had thought it was a movie and therefore I had ignored it on Netflix until now.

I was around 7 years old when it all happened and obviously didn't live in the US, so everything in the show is new to me. I didn't actually even know that OJ played football. I just remember him from The Naked Gun movies. They were some of my favorite movies growing up.

But yeah, it's a very interesting show. Very well made, their budget must be pretty high. Maybe they're just using John Travolta's money, I don't know. Worth the time if you haven't seen it yet.

Dobber Sports Monster

My favorite shows

The First 48
    Pawn Stars
    SportsCentre
    NHL Network

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite shows

The First 48
    Pawn Stars
    SportsCentre
    NHL Network

Dobber Sports Pro

I watched 24 Legacy last night. Not going to sit here and say it's a "good show", but it's definitely well-paced and entertained me just as much as 24 did ten years ago. I'm committing to watch a few more episodes of it until it inevitably gets dumb.

Dobber Sports Master

Just watched the first two episodes of "Taboo" with Tom Hardy as early 19th century shipping entrepreneur and practiser of voodoo (perhaps).
    Hardy plays James Delaney, a man who has returned from Africa and seemingly death, to acquire his inheritance; a strategic island in North America that both the English and American governments want. But Delaney has his own agenda which seems to include crossing as many people as possible and making enemies of everyone in London.

Really atmospheric and creepy, and yet a compelling, politically charged drama. There is something supernatural about it all, but I haven't figured it out just yet. Hardy is a phenomenal actor.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched the first two episodes of "Taboo" with Tom Hardy as early 19th century shipping entrepreneur and practiser of voodoo (perhaps).
    Hardy plays James Delaney, a man who has returned from Africa and seemingly death, to acquire his inheritance; a strategic island in North America that both the English and American governments want. But Delaney has his own agenda which seems to include crossing as many people as possible and making enemies of everyone in London.

Really atmospheric and creepy, and yet a compelling, politically charged drama. There is something supernatural about it all, but I haven't figured it out just yet. Hardy is a phenomenal actor.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy