Page 72 of 240 FirstFirst ... 22 62 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    How are more people not talking about WestWorld?!?

This show has got me sooo hooked I would've figured it would start having a GOT-like cult following by now!
    I guess nooooobody cares about WestWorld... the best show on television right now

Dobber Sports All-Star

Sorry dude, without the nudity, I find it tough to watch just cause nothing makes sense and the tons of plot holes.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Master

I'll check it out Blayze. Me and the missus are looking for something to watch together. Might have to give This Is Us a try as well. I must say, the blurb about the series that I read was not exactly riveting.

Dobber Sports Icon

I am off work for a week (respiratory infection) and on my ass so I caught up a bit with Netflix:

Luke Cage - about 3/4 through it, really liking it. It's not that fast paced but the acting is good and I'm enjoying the story. I really like the actor who plays Cottonmouth. It fits in well with the Netflix Marvel Universe.

Black Mirror - OK. OK. OK. Just f@cking wow. You can start anywhere with this series, every episode is a stand-alone story. Netflix has season 3 and a Xmas special, and I then grabbed torrents for the first 2 seasons. This is one of the best shows on right now, it's downright terrifying at times but that's because you can totally see this stuff happening. Also because it's pointing the finger directly at us - and it's right to. A lot of really good guest stars for most episodes (Bronn!), high production and great writing. I just watched the series premiere last night and...well your jaw will be hanging open in shock if you can get though it.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I liked the Social Media one. Riveting stuff.

If you can get past the pretentious voice of Oliver Stone and enjoy history, I recommend his History of the U.S. series. It's excellent.

Dobber Sports Deity

FYI, Letterkenny Season 2 comes out on Christmas Day on Crave TV.

This show rocks!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post

Black Mirror - OK. OK. OK. Just f@cking wow. You can start anywhere with this series, every episode is a stand-alone story. Netflix has season 3 and a Xmas special, and I then grabbed torrents for the first 2 seasons. This is one of the best shows on right now, it's downright terrifying at times but that's because you can totally see this stuff happening. Also because it's pointing the finger directly at us - and it's right to. A lot of really good guest stars for most episodes (Bronn!), high production and great writing. I just watched the series premiere last night and...well your jaw will be hanging open in shock if you can get though it.
    That first episode is something else! I find myself not getting through some of the episodes since they are so disturbing. I stop and go back a day or so later.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    FYI, Letterkenny Season 2 comes out on Christmas Day on Crave TV.

This show rocks!
    Whaaaaaaaaaat already!?!?! I don't even think I finished S1 but definitely awesome.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I watched all the Black Mirror (Netflix) shows in a day. Good show and would recommend it. Episodes 1-2-3 are all very original and good. Makes you think about how much of your personal information is out there on the web and what "could" happen. The season finale - episode 6 - is fantastic.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ChilePuck View Post
    I watched all the Black Mirror (Netflix) shows in a day. Good show and would recommend it. Episodes 1-2-3 are all very original and good. Makes you think about how much of your personal information is out there on the web and what "could" happen. The season finale - episode 6 - is fantastic.
    Don't miss the Xmas Special ("White Christmas"), should be there too.
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Star

So I started watching Sons of Anarchy a few years ago. To me it was ALWAYS like The Walking Dead; it was a genre that I LOVE. But, the writing is very inconsistent. I wanted to like it, but just always felt it could be better. The last time I watched SoA, I got to season 3 where they head to Belfast, and stopped watching.

Well, I decided to give it another go. I must admit, that although Season 3 is not very good, it does get better. There are still moments in the show that really bother me, but not like it was. I am happy I continued, although I am in the middle of Season 5. I hear it doesn't end well, though.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    So I started watching Sons of Anarchy a few years ago. To me it was ALWAYS like The Walking Dead; it was a genre that I LOVE. But, the writing is very inconsistent. I wanted to like it, but just always felt it could be better. The last time I watched SoA, I got to season 3 where they head to Belfast, and stopped watching.

Well, I decided to give it another go. I must admit, that although Season 3 is not very good, it does get better. There are still moments in the show that really bother me, but not like it was. I am happy I continued, although I am in the middle of Season 5. I hear it doesn't end well, though.

Rylant
    SOA was always a show I'd wait for the season to finish and then run through all of it. Could never keep my interest week to week. And as much as I loved the music......seriously can someone count how many episodes began/ended with a cool sounding song and caught you up with where everyone was? Seemed like 75%

Now that Westworld is done I plan on starting Atlanta or the Affair. Or both.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Now that WestWorld is over I guess I'll give Black Mirror a try given the insane reviews in this thread.

Hope it's not too scary... I don't handle horror well lol

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Now that WestWorld is over I guess I'll give Black Mirror a try given the insane reviews in this thread.

Hope it's not too scary... I don't handle horror well lol
    It's not horror at all - but it's damn scary.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Has anyone watched Crossing Lines? Would you recommend it?