Page 57 of 239 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    House of Lies... amazing
    Really? Hmm, I could go for some more Kristen bell...

The Magnificent One

Episode 1 of People vs. O.J. Simpson (on FX) was enjoyable, and the limited series is getting good reviews.

Random story - I went to law school at the same place where Barry Scheck (the DNA expert for O.J. legal team) was a faculty member. Great guy - very down to earth and decent. Me and another couple of guys would run the school's NCAA basketball pool, and he'd always come down to talk hoops and then would look at submitted sheets (yes, back then it was on paper) and give the students friendly crap about how their picks were doomed.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Yes! This is a must-watch. Requires a little suspension of disbelief but still very good. Should be starting back up again soon
    I was able to polish off 3 seasons in 3 weeks so I'm up to date . Pastor Tim's in trouble lol.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I've been having trouble staying on a TV show lately.
    We started the Amazon show Mozart in the Jungle... girl-show... stopped after 3 episodes.
    We queued up Suits, Season 4... which is oK... but my show-stamina is down to like 8-10 show seasons... Suits feels long.
    So we shifted to Fargo Season 1 on FX. Loving it. Great, great stuff.
    I think a couple people here had recommended that - thanks to whoever it was.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I was able to polish off 3 seasons in 3 weeks so I'm up to date . Pastor Tim's in trouble lol.
    Indeed. He was working his way up Elizabeth's sh**-list pretty quickly even before that season finale.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Episode 1 of People vs. O.J. Simpson (on FX) was enjoyable, and the limited series is getting good reviews.

I watched it just out of curiosity and I have to admit that I was locked in.

I don't like the casting of Cuba Gooding Jr. though. He's so totally unlike O.J. that it's distracting. They should have found an unknown who looks and sounds more like O.J.

Travolta's kinda weird too, but in his case it comes off as strangely comical.

RETIRED

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I don't like the casting of Cuba Gooding Jr. though. He's so totally unlike O.J. that it's distracting. They should have found an unknown who looks and sounds more like O.J. Travolta's kinda weird too, but in his case it comes off as strangely comical.
    Your comments are aligned with the general consensus. People think Gooding not only doesn't have the physique or affable mannerisms, but he's being too over the top, probably in a bid to get attention and resurrect his stalled career. As for Travolta, well he's pretty much weird in every role, probably due to real life seeping in. Basically Nic Cage syndrome.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Has anyone else watched this show "Billions"?

Been hearing mixed reviews... sounds like it would appeal to me given my interests, but not sure I want to invest the time to start it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

Been hearing mixed reviews... sounds like it would appeal to me given my interests, but not sure I want to invest the time to start it.
    I'm watching it. It's good enough so far, but Giamatti and Lewis are carrying it and the plot might be too slow in developing for some people. I'd recommend at least watching the first two and deciding for yourself.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

I have the dvr recording it - I'll probably binge watch it over the summer .

regarding OJ - at least they nailed it with the dude playing Johnny Cochrane

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Fairly sure HBO's Vinyl will be tops in 2016. Love how they have Mick Jagger along with Martin Scorcese as EP for Cred. Here is a review:

http://deadline.com/2016/02/vinyl-re...eo-1201699200/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
    Fairly sure HBO's Vinyl will be tops in 2016. Love how they have Mick Jagger along with Martin Scorcese as EP for Cred. Here is a review:

http://deadline.com/2016/02/vinyl-re...eo-1201699200/
    Ray Romano AND Andrew Dice Clay involved?? I was interested before, but now even more. Cant wait to see those two in some sort of role.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post

regarding OJ - at least they nailed it with the dude playing Johnny Cochrane
    They've actually nailed it more often than not. But the Gooding casting is so awful that it could seriously sink the ship.

You're watching it and getting into it and then he shows up onscreen again and it's as if someone just pulled the emergency brake.

It's not that he's bad, he's downright awful. He's not anything like O.J. - looks mannerisms, voice, nothing. He's a more distraught version of the character he played in Jerry Maguire.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Pro

This February is the Holy Grail of TV.

Gotham returns Feb 29th-- If you haven't got on this yet, do it ASAP, one of the best shows out
    Vinyl debuts Feb 14th
    Better Call Saul returns Feb 15th
    Survivor returns Feb 17th (if you're into that sort of thing. i for one am)

Not to mention the Grammy's and Oscars. Regardless, lots to do on the lazy nights this month.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    This February is the Holy Grail of TV.

Gotham returns Feb 29th-- If you haven't got on this yet, do it ASAP, one of the best shows out
    Vinyl debuts Feb 14th
    Better Call Saul returns Feb 15th
    Survivor returns Feb 17th (if you're into that sort of thing. i for one am)

Not to mention the Grammy's and Oscars. Regardless, lots to do on the lazy nights this month.
    You forgot The Walking Dead...

RETIRED