Page 88 of 240 FirstFirst ... 38 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 98 138 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: I need a new show...

Im getting through Punisher right now. Loved the character in Daredevil and so far so good.

Dobber Sports Deity

Punisher is one I plan on getting to eventually. I liked the movies so I assume the TV show will be as good.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Has anyone watched the Netflix series Mind Hunters yet?

I just downloaded the first couple episodes on my tablet but haven't watched one yet.
    Great show. Best Netflix show ever IMO.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

Punisher is one I plan on getting to eventually. I liked the movies so I assume the TV show will be as good.
    Almost finished S1 and it's really good - I'm liking it more than Daredevil. Probably #2 on my ranking of the Netflix Marvel shows (I enjoyed Jessica Jones the most).

I just downloaded the first couple episodes on my tablet but haven't watched one yet.
    Loved that one too. Great cast, I also love the 70's setting.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread - has anyone mention Spotless? Really great British show with some dark humour (it's on NF).
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Giant

I was curious to find out what Attack on Titan was after seeing weird toys and cover art over the past years without really getting the premise.

I saw that it was on Netflix so I gave it a try earlier this week... 8 episodes in and I’m hooked!!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Jedi

Mindhunter, I've only watched the first episode, but I'm into it... It's a super intriguing series for me because it's actually based off of a book written by John Douglas - 'Mindhunter' nonetheless. The series is actually based off his, Douglas' and Robert Reslers's real life as they set up the behavioural dept. in Quantico in the 70's. They founded criminal 'profiling' They've got a bunch of books out about these early days. Worth a read too if you're into the show.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

wife is really into Ozark right now... begging me to give it a look as well. I just find it hard to sit down and watch tv for an hour

Dobber Sports Deity

I got away from Mindhunter after watching the first couple episodes but I will eventually find my way back. I am really getting into this Sense 8 show so far. It was slow starting but it's starting to pick up.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    wife is really into Ozark right now... begging me to give it a look as well. I just find it hard to sit down and watch tv for an hour
    I watched it due to lack of any good alternatives. It's meh... good enough to pass time, but nothing spectacular.

The one thing I enjoyed about it was that it taught me how money laundering works, which I've always been curious about.

Dobber Sports Master

Punisher was great. Liked the character when we first met him in Daredevil 2, but he is an unforgiving beast in his own series. Definite "must watch" for both comic book fans and people who enjoy a great revenge tale.

Thinking of giving Frontier as shot next. Anyone care to comment on it?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Icon

I am really getting into this Sense 8 show so far. It was slow starting but it's starting to pick up.
    About episode 4-5 of the first season it really kicks into gear. A lot of people only give it a couple of episodes (which drives me nuts) as it's kind of hard to follow at first, but when the threads start coming together it's pretty amazing. You really get into each character - this show is pretty deep. Probably my all-time favourite Netflix show (so of course it's cancelled).
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I watched it due to lack of any good alternatives. It's meh... good enough to pass time, but nothing spectacular.

The one thing I enjoyed about it was that it taught me how money laundering works, which I've always been curious about.
    I'm now into episode 4... enjoying it a lot actually. It's not set to a very high intensity pace, but find it's done real well. the end of the first episode shocked me to see Jason Bateman roll across the screen as Director. I used to cringe at any movie he was in. Have to say he's evolving.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    About episode 4-5 of the first season it really kicks into gear. A lot of people only give it a couple of episodes (which drives me nuts) as it's kind of hard to follow at first, but when the threads start coming together it's pretty amazing. You really get into each character - this show is pretty deep. Probably my all-time favourite Netflix show (so of course it's cancelled).
    I felt the same until i watched the Christmas special and Season 2. Horrible.

Dobber Sports Deity

Has anyone taken the time to watch the Netflix show Dark? I have read that it's a German show that is dubbed to English but I have read that the show itself is really good. I personally hate watching dubbed shows but is this one worth the aggravation?

Dobber Sports Star

Has anyone taken the time to watch the Netflix show Dark? I have read that it's a German show that is dubbed to English but I have read that the show itself is really good. I personally hate watching dubbed shows but is this one worth the aggravation?
    I don't know if I could do it. It could be the best show in the world, but that might be a deal breaker for me...

Rylant