Thread: Tavares offered

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Tavares offered

The Tavares owner in my league has made an offer to start negotiations (as he knows he is already asking too much). He wants my Backstrom and Karlsson in exchange for Tavares.

His keepers are likely:

Tavares(c), Seguin (rw), kovi (lw), doughty (d), schneider (g), duchene (util)

I think asking for kovi would be a good counter (I can keep him as a rw because of his dual positions). Do you think this is a move that will improve my keeper situation? Should I ask for someone else? Should I just stand pat with what I have?

Keepers before (after in brackets)

C-Giroux. (Giroux)
    Lw-Parise. (Parise)
    Rw-Ryan. (kovi)
    Util-Backstrom (Tavares)
    D-karlsson. (OEL)
    G-Rask. (Rask)
    Rookie- galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Keep Karlsson.

While I love Tavares, in a 12-team start 2C, you've got 24C in play.
    Tavares may be a 90pt player... but the 24th center is still probably a 70pt player.
    So... it's a drop off of maybe 20pts.

Karlsson is a 60pt defenseman.
    The 36th defenseman in the league (12x3D) is probably around 35pts.
    That's a 25pt difference.

In other words, Karlsson for Tavares straight up is close to fair... but small advantage Karlsson.

Then again... with the goal-advantage, this is a league where you should go Goal-Scorer-Heavy. So it's pretty close.

I'd probably stick with Karlsson.
    I had a torn achilles several years ago... you can fully heal from that in hockey-sense. It's not a nagging injury. When Karlsson plays next year, he'll be "good as new".

The Magnificent One

-Giroux. (Giroux)
    Lw-Parise. (Parise)
    Rw-Ryan. (kovi)
    Util-Backstrom (Tavares)
    D-karlsson. (OEL)
    G-Rask. (Rask)
    Rookie- galchenyuk

as much as I love kovy and will always trade for him I still think in your league ryan, backstrom, karlsson is the better combo than kovi, Tavares, oel. bc don't forget the trade wont be

backsteom and karlsson for tavaers and kovy. you will also be losing ryan. so your looking at those 3 for for 2. in a limited keeper league its always good to have the best but to me backstrom is no slump either and compared to Tavares in a point only league its pretty even.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi