Thread: Sedin's Production Going Forward

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Sedin's Production Going Forward

I am under a bit of a dilemma that I would love some help with. I am thinking about acquiring the Sedin Twins in a deal in my roto league in my signature. But I want to know what everyones take is on them. Are they still top 10 players? Can they still hit 100 next year? Are they on a big decline and only 80 point players now or do they still have a huge ceiling? What is there shelf life? Any insight would be awesome.

I really think the Sedins have just been doing bad because of lack of 2nd line scoring or support. So they end up having to take to many face offs in the defensive end and always get hit up by the oppositions big d men. Thats what i think there problem is. But that is just me.
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

Dobber Sports Ninja

A lot of injuries on the roster, Burrows has been on and off their line all year. Edler has been playing like poop all year. And Henrik is still on a 77 point-pace over a full 82 and Daniel is on a 69 point-pace over a full 82.

I'd say they both still have considerable upside. I'd rank them as point/game type guys and as far as peripherals go you know what you're going to get. They'll both be awesome +/- contributors and they will provide a decent number of PPG and PPA.

All depends on the asking price though.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    All depends on the asking price though.
    Letang, Voracek and Mike Smith
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KoHolga View Post
    Are they still top 10 players? Can they still hit 100 next year? Are they on a big decline and only 80 point players now or do they still have a huge ceiling? What is there shelf life? Any insight would be awesome.

I really think the Sedins have just been doing bad because of lack of 2nd line scoring or support. So they end up having to take to many face offs in the defensive end and always get hit up by the oppositions big d men. Thats what i think there problem is. But that is just me.
    This is one of my favourite stats: You know how many players had 100 point seasons at the age of 32 or over? Only 10 (Gretzky, Esposito, Howe, Dionne, Jagr, Francis, Bucyk, Ratelle, Sakic and Alfredsson).

So the odds of the Sedins joining them are pretty slim. I think they'll be point-per-game guys for another year or two, and then start a decline.

Also Daniel Sedin starts in the offensive zone 66.1% of the time (fifth in the league among players with 30 or more games), and Henrik 63.7% (eighth in the league), so they are still getting lots of offensive zone starts, so that's not the problem.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

The Sedins numbers are off this short season mainly because the Vancouver powerplay has not been good. If Edler and Kesler can get back into the groove they had 2 seasons ago then the Sedins can get back to at point per game or slightly above that. I treat them as 80-90 pt guys going forward over a full season. If either of them can do a 100pt season again is pure bonus. The only guy in the league that can be called a reliable 100 pt man over a full season would be Crosby. Everyone else you take with a grain of salt...