Thread: What to do with Doughty... Rep for help.

Dobber Sports Star

Default What to do with Doughty... Rep for help.

My dynasty keeper league I find myself in potential Cap Trouble next year. I have been offered Kadri and Ryan Murray for Doughty. We do have some defensive cats, but with Doughty's offensive slide this year, I am wondering if he can achieve decent offensive numbers anymore, or if we can expect him to turn more into a solid defensive player who gets a ton of ice time. Is this enough of an offer for somebody like Doughty?

Repping people who help me out here.

Thanks,
    Rylant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I personally still have faith in DD, he has had a larger than normal load this year with Greene and Mitchell out, since the signing of Robyn Regehr he has actually been pretty consistent. Also keep in mind that the D he did play with was pretty young. I'm a fellow DD owner and chose to hold on to him all season and I can only see him improving simply because of the return of Greene, having Mitchell back and now the addition of Regehr will only help him returning to his offensive prowess. Again, this is just my opinion but I would try to make him stick. Especially if your league counts hits and blocked shots.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Chill View Post
    I personally still have faith in DD, he has had a larger than normal load this year with Greene and Mitchell out, since the signing of Robyn Regehr he has actually been pretty consistent. Also keep in mind that the D he did play with was pretty young. I'm a fellow DD owner and chose to hold on to him all season and I can only see him improving simply because of the return of Greene, having Mitchell back and now the addition of Regehr will only help him returning to his offensive prowess. Again, this is just my opinion but I would try to make him stick. Especially if your league counts hits and blocked shots.
    I also have faith that DD can turn it around. The problem for me is that I am paying him 7 million dollars a year to be super mediocre for our cats. Next year, I MUST shave about 2 million in payroll, and the mediocre performance I am getting out of a 7 mil DD might be the first place I look to save a few bucks. This trade addresses those issues and gives me back a bit in the process. So, knowing that I have to shave salary, my question is, is this enough of a return for Doughty?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ace

I think it's a buy high on Kadri, but given cap hit of Doughty I'd consider it depending on your leagues categories.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Initiate

we can only really give a proper opinion if you posted your league cats and your team
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Veteran

If salary counts, I really think you must trade D.D. He's never going to justify what he earns in a fantasy sense. I don't think that's a bad offer either. I can see Kadri being a consistent 70+ point scorer and Murray may turn out to be a solid two-way D like Mark Streit.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Drew Doughty is a great player but NOT a great fantasy player. Make the trade.

Dobber Sports Stud

That's a tough call.. As of now, the salary is not justified.. But I also like the fact that he came this season in great shape and plays ridiculous amount of minutes.. I kinda hope it pays off down the road, as he seems more dedicated.. And when the more defensive guys come back, he can take a more offensive role..

However, if you need to cut salary, I think you'd be perfectly justified in moving him. My DD rant was more of a gut-feeling thing.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

To gain a full spectrum of possiblities I think it's best to share your entire roster with us. There might be some other solutions to your possible cap issue and still keep Doughty, or maybe other trade options. Have you shopped him around the league? Is that offer your best offer for him?