Thread: Bjugstad-Huberdeau together today

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Bjugstad-Huberdeau together today

A preview of the next 10 years? Looked pretty good at times against the NJD.

Who is going to be the lucky third wheel? Trochek? Howden? Grimaldi?
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    A preview of the next 10 years? Looked pretty good at times against the NJD.

Who is going to be the lucky third wheel? Trochek? Howden? Grimaldi?

I think alot of it is going to be determined by the upcoming draft. Everyone is saying Seth Jones will go #1, but if there's one team I can see passing on him it would be Florida.

Ideally Drouin would be the best fit and give them a potentially ridiculous top line of Hubs-Bjugstad-Drouin

I can also see them taking Mackinnon and dropping Bjugstad to #2 Center where he might be a better fit

Of course if Florida doesn't get the #1 pick, I'd say they would take one of the above and change their plans for the composition of their first line. Regardless, Hubs is a staple.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, Huberdeau has been great all year.

Bjugstad's upside is incredible, I don't think people realize how much skill he has for a big dude. His combination of size/skill is Sundin/Lemieux-like. Obviously has a waaaaays to go to get even close to that level.... but he can make plays that 99% of guys can't.

Hands of a 5-10 guy in a 6-6 body.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Bjugstad's upside is incredible, I don't think people realize how much skill he has for a big dude. His combination of size/skill is Sundin/Lemieux-like. Obviously has a waaaaays to go to get even close to that level.... but he can make plays that 99% of guys can't.

Wow ! I have to trade for this guy (Bjugstad), and I would draft Drouin with my first overall this year ... I can't wait to see where Drouin will be draft.

always a pleasure to read you Angus, nice advice !
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm actually a very big Bjugstad fan. I have a new expansion team in a keeper league I will be drafting next year, and I agree that Bjugstad has Sundin upside. Having said that Sundin is a HOF and chances are Bjugstad will never reach his true upside.

I actually traded for him and a 2013 3rd rounder using the rights to Jake Muzzin and Calle Jarkrok (I will have 20 expansion picks and these 2 are unowned players). I then traded Bjugstad and 2014 and 2015 2nd rounders for Evander Kane. As much as I like Bjugstad, I think Kane's upside is much higher and he's already shown he can produce and excel in the league at such a young age. I'm not sure if i'm trying to convince myself here to be honest because I am a huge Bjugstad fan. Just wondering on your thoughts on my trade more then anything Angus. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, that is a great trade.

Always aim for proven talent over unproven talent. Kane has monster upside.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like the idea of Matthias between Bjugstad and Huberdeau. 2 beasts, Bjugstad and Matthias, with the insane skill level of Huberdeau. Matthias showed this year he woudnt be out of place when he played with Huberdeau and Mueller and they lit it up.