Thread: Keep Boyes?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keep Boyes?

Hi guys. I posted a question in the d-men section about who to drop(2 out of 6) and then got thinking that maybe I should drop only one of the defence men and another forward. It's a points only league with the stats G,A,PTS,PPP,+/-. We do 2C,2LW,2RW and 2F. As it stands my forwards are as: Thorton(C),E. Staal(C), Ryan(LW), Kovalchuk(LW), Gaborik(RW), Horton(RW), Sharp(C,LW,RW), Lupul(LW,RW) D.Brown(LW,RW), Weiss(C) and Boyes(C,RW).

I don't want to drop Weiss as I traded for him at the begining of the season and want to hold out for next season and see what he can do. Both Boyes(at the beginning) and Brown(about a month ago) were waiver wire pick ups. Do you think keeping Boyes for next year(or Brown) is worth it? Do the Isles re-sign him or do they try Strome or someone else on the top line. Am impressed with his 34 points in 44 games thus far, altho somewhat inconsistent. About half of them have been on the PP.

FWIW, the d-man I was going to drop was McDonagh. The 2nd would be either B.Smith or Pitkanen. That's for another thread though.

Much appreciation guys! Thanks in advance.

KT
    Yahoo: H2H Keeper (6F,3D,1G)
    G,A,PPG,PPA,+/-,Shots,Hits, W,GAA,SAV%

FWDS: A. Barkov, M. Marner, A. Panarin, J. Robertson, N.Ehlers, J.Bratt , PL Dubois, B Hagel, D. Mercer, B.Jenner
    D: A. Ekblad, J. Klingberg, J. Trouba, , S. Gostisbehere, F. Hronek
    G: Bobrovsky, Jarry, Hart

Yahoo2: H2H Keeper(14-only, up to 2G)
    G,A,+/-, SOG, GWG,PPP,SHG,HIT,BLK,
    W,GAA,SV,SO,

FWDS: N. Mackinnon, M. Rantanen, E. Pettersson, JT Miller, A. Panarin, V. Tarasenko, T. Meier, Z. Hyman , B. Boesner, T. Toffoli, D. Perron
    D: Q. Hughes, Z. Werenski, J. Klingberg, J. Chychrun, M. Matheson
    G: Demko, Hart,, Levi

Dobber Sports Ace

G,A,PTS,PPP, +/-, W,GAA,SAV%

FWDS: Staal, Thorton, B. Ryan, Sharp, Gaborik, Horton, Lupul, Kovalchuk, D. Brown, Boyes, Weiss,
    D: Voynov, Seabrook, Pitkanen, Franson, B. Smith, McDonagh
    G: Lehtonen, Bryzgalov, Bobrovsky, Fasth

* must drop two by season's end

Based on your roster I'd drop two of these guys
    - Weiss - coming off injury/wrist surgery, free-agent
    - Horton - injury prone
    - Pitkanen - injury prone, sounds like he had a calcaneus fracture, which is bad bone to break

If 2 dmen to drop, Mcdonaugh because less offensive upside than Smith/Franson.
    Last edited by cdubb; April 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ForomosaKT View Post
    Hi guys. I posted a question in the d-men section about who to drop(2 out of 6) and then got thinking that maybe I should drop only one of the defence men and another forward. It's a points only league with the stats G,A,PTS,PPP,+/-. We do 2C,2LW,2RW and 2F. As it stands my forwards are as: Thorton(C),E. Staal(C), Ryan(LW), Kovalchuk(LW), Gaborik(RW), Horton(RW), Sharp(C,LW,RW), Lupul(LW,RW) D.Brown(LW,RW), Weiss(C) and Boyes(C,RW).

I don't want to drop Weiss as I traded for him at the begining of the season and want to hold out for next season and see what he can do. Both Boyes(at the beginning) and Brown(about a month ago) were waiver wire pick ups. Do you think keeping Boyes for next year(or Brown) is worth it? Do the Isles re-sign him or do they try Strome or someone else on the top line. Am impressed with his 34 points in 44 games thus far, altho somewhat inconsistent. About half of them have been on the PP.

FWIW, the d-man I was going to drop was McDonagh. The 2nd would be either B.Smith or Pitkanen. That's for another thread though.

Much appreciation guys! Thanks in advance.

KT

Base it upon need. Boyes is a assist heavy player on the Island. How are your h2h stats for assists, and how many are you putting up, compared to goals?
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Star

My initial gut feeling is Boyes was a stop gap for this season, but they could sign him just as easily. It all depends on $$$$

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko