Thread: Goalie Starts HELP! (REP)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Goalie Starts HELP! (REP)

Hey guys, so I am in the finals for my league(H2H). So, I dropped brodeur for bachman and I have rask. So Rask didnt start monday because of the boston events and didnt start last night either. I assumed bachman was starting tonight without even looking into it. So I have 0 starts (and need 3) and its more than half over. I didnt want to start rask at pitsburgh but I assume I just need the start now no matter what. Both my goalies are playing on the 19th and the 21st. What is safe to assume for starts? I have 1 move left (thankfully) should I pick up abnother goalie just to be safe, i was saving it to pick up Callahan tommorow. Heres who is on the wire...

Bernier
    Vokoun
    Khudobin (could pick him up for guaranteed Boston starts...)
    Brodeur
    Scrivens
    Budaj

Hmmm ... it's gonna be close ...

Now what are the other guys' goalie stats? and how are you doing in the other categories?

It may be worth the risk to try and win offensive categories.. but if you lose the goalies, that's four cats as well (you lose the SHO tie too).

Safest bet is pick Khudobin and guarantee yourself, or you can hope goaliepost.com can update you saturday night to see who is playing Sunday in time to make a move for either a goalie or a last minute forward.
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

C: M.Koivu, Sharp (LW), Stepan
    LW: Perron (RW), Soderberg, Landeskog
    RW: Ovechkin, Carter (C/LW), Skinner (C/LW)
    F: Simmonds, Johansen, Anisimov
    D: Doughty, OEL, Franson, Gudas, Enstrom, Daley
    G: Price, Varlamov
    BN: Stempniak, Perreault, Lee, Michalek, Maroon
    IR: Letang
    Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

Dobber Sports Ninja

I wouldn't have burned one of two moves to add Bachman in my championship week especially with Khudobin on the wire and Rask as my other goalie...I think that could end up being a crucial mistake that could cost you tbh. In any case that's in the past, it's about damage control now.

A lot depends on your situation as Eyenerd mentioned. And that includes not only your opponent's goalie categories but how much value Callahan could give you versus what Khudobin could give you.

The only categories I am losing in is assists and pims. So I think it is a safe bet to grab khudobin. My opponent left for coachella and is not updating his lines at all and he is starting every goalie he can. He has emery, Crawford and Elliot.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd roll the dice on Khudobin.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

New Jersey plays the 20th and 21st, brodeur might even start both of those...

also kipper is on the wire, but calgary is such a gamble but good for a start i suppose and it might be his last home game...

Well another boston game postponed, looks like my starts are out. Dang.

Dobber Sports Superstar

The Boston game has been postponed to tomorrow at 12:30 so you won't lose any potential starts this week. If you have 0 starts so far your first priority has to be getting 3 to at least qualify for SHO ties and give yourself a shot to be eligible for other points.

Dallas is right in the hunt for 8th, Lehtonen is confirmed tonight and if you plays well I'd expect him to start Sunday. If you pick up Khobodin you can't get to 3 starts unless Bauchman starts. If you pick up a starter available with 2 games left this week you need either Rask or the other starter to play 2 to at least be eligible.

Here are the teams with 2 games and starters:
    Carolina- Peters
    Calgary- Kipper
    Chicago- Emery/Crawford- unlikely on the wire
    Colorado- Varlamov tonight
    Edmonton- Dubnyk
    Florida- Markstrom
    New Jersey- Brodeur
    St. Louis- Elliot (3 in 4 nights)

I don't like Carolina, Calgary, Colorado, Chicago or St. Louis to start the same guy leaving Edmonton, Florida and New Jersey. Dubnky gave up 5 last game but could start both as its not back-to-back. Florida is trying to give Markstrom a big workload but it's back to back and their 2 previous back-to-backs he sat one. Brodeur is the old man who loves to play a ton, he's coming off a shutout yesterday and despite the Devils 10 game losing streak has actually been solid.

Ultimately I'd grab Brodeur and hope either Rask or Brodeur start back-to-back games this weekend.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Wow, great post.