Thread: Start two of Bryz, Pavelec and Holtby

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Start two of Bryz, Pavelec and Holtby

Wins, saves, goals against, GAA, save percentage and shutouts. Which two do I start tonight. Right now I'm leaning toward Bryz against a weak New Jersey and Holtby because he's awesome.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

For my thoughts on NJ, see post 5 in this thread:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=151951

Basically I argue that NJ has been playing pretty decently (results notwithstanding) and is a good bet to win a few games in the final stretch. To add to that, games such as NJ & PHI that feature two teams that are essentially out of playoff contention have the potential to get into track meets.

Winnipeg is desperate, and ought to outwork Carolina. It's a dangerous match-up though as Carolina has dominated Winnipeg in games this season, and tends to fire a lot of shots on net. Winnipeg tends to let a lot of shots get fired at Pavelec. Even so, I'd probably lean towards Pavelec over Bryz.

Holtby is a no-brainer given WSH's recent run and Ottawa's tendency to win through hard work in typically low-scoring games.

Administrator

Sound logic, I would say. Pavelec doesn't seem a terrible choice since he's better at home than on the road but Carolina has their weapons back in the lineup and may be due for an explosion.

Devils weak plus Holtby's hot run, do it up.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm with the consensus here. WAS is too hot to sit Holtby. I prefer Bryz...PHI is a much better team at home and NJ simply doesn't have a lot of finishers on the ice. WPG is okay at home, but CAR leads the league in SOG and they have a number of talented finishers.

Percentages have to favor Holtby and Bryz.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I didn't get a win, but I got the best possible save percentage, GAA and lots of saves (35 for Holtby, 28 for Bryz). I already have three wins from earlier in the week, so I'm happy Thanks for the responses, I'll rep all of you!
    GO WINGS!