Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Top Posters - April 18th, 2013

Dobber Sports Ninja

Pengwin nailed it... I pretty much use this forum as an outlet whenever I'm at my desk.

I do some of my best posting while I'm listening to boring conference calls.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I know from tracking "milestones"... that some die-hard forum members have been able to throw down 1000 posts in a month, month-and-a-half timeline.

I'm pretty sure I have put out close to 3000 in this hockey season.
    I remember feeling "stuck in the mud" while in the 4000s during the lockout. (if I recall).

That 10K mark is funny, because it's such an acheivement that I think a lot of people get there and it is their "wall". Boom, crash.

Also - there are phases in our life where we have a little better access to posting/computer time.
    From what I've read about Shoe... he's way out in Cambodia or somewhere and I'm guessing he isn't sitting in front of a computer all day, but perhaps has a dedicated hour or two with a computer every so often.

The desk jockeys (like myself & Blayze) use this as our "break" from our work day... so I think you'll see both of us up around 15,000 in a couple years.

But Shoeless' post count is epic.
    I always say it is "Gretzky-like".

Gretzky finished with, what... high 2000s in points... and the next highest guy is maybe high 1000s, I think.

Kind of similar to Shoeless being mid 20,000s in posts... with the next highest guy being mid 10,000s in posts.

It's incredible... for sure.
    There is absolutely a wall. I hit it after every thousand posts.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    There is absolutely a wall. I hit it after every thousand posts.
    Look out md, you've got another wall coming up! Maybe you can swerve in time and miss this one

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Look out md, you've got another wall coming up! Maybe you can swerve in time and miss this one
    I think I've pre-emptively hit the wall. It's too hard to keep up with all the posting that goes on here during the playoffs when I can't log on at work and don't get off until 8 eastern.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

To make Shoeless' accomplishments even more amazing, consider this... His mountain hut in Cambodia is powered by two dozen mice in a wheel-like generator. This is why his posting has slowed down but he still gets 3-4 posts per day. He would do more but his mice provides power to the village.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    To make Shoeless' accomplishments even more amazing, consider this... His mountain hut in Cambodia is powered by two dozen mice in a wheel-like generator. This is why his posting has slowed down but he still gets 3-4 posts per day. He would do more but his mice provides power to the village.
    I believe Darren Pang was scouted at one of these generators.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust