Thread: Drop Rinne?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Drop Rinne?

So, in a Yahoo! standard rotisserie, I have an interesting team. My bench right now is J.Neal, Malkin, and Crosby. I don't want to drop any of them, because even if they only play one game before playoffs, I want that game.

They're all hurt, taking all my open roster spots. So now I'm a few games behind in RW and C games played. I'm ahead in G and LW games played.

My goalies, Khudobin, Fasth, Crawford, and Rinne, could be sacrificed to get a C or RW to get needed categories, say, assists or PIM's.

As far as I'm concerned, Crawford, Fasth, and Khudobin are must-plays every time they start.

So, with ten days left, and 8 goalie starts, and 6 LW starts left for me to use, do I drop Rinne? Even for a guy like Colton Orr?

Am I crazy?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by flyguys View Post
    So, in a Yahoo! standard rotisserie, I have an interesting team. My bench right now is J.Neal, Malkin, and Crosby. I don't want to drop any of them, because even if they only play one game before playoffs, I want that game.

They're all hurt, taking all my open roster spots. So now I'm a few games behind in RW and C games played. I'm ahead in G and LW games played.

My goalies, Khudobin, Fasth, Crawford, and Rinne, could be sacrificed to get a C or RW to get needed categories, say, assists or PIM's.

As far as I'm concerned, Crawford, Fasth, and Khudobin are must-plays every time they start.

So, with ten days left, and 8 goalie starts, and 6 LW starts left for me to use, do I drop Rinne? Even for a guy like Colton Orr?

Am I crazy?
    I would jetison Rinne and Neal in one year leagues. Rinne will be aweful anyway. The team in front of him is really bad and they are trying to tank right now. Neal wasn't doing that well before he got injured. You have to figure that someone will be the odd man out in PIT. My bet is on Neal. He definitely won't have a PP spot. Not with Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Iginla and Letang. Unless your league is really deep and there's absolutely no valuable players left on the waiver wire I would dump Neal.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis