Thread: Forward Conundrum...lol

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Unhappy Forward Conundrum...lol

Hey guys, have a little bit of a probalem and was hoping some of you could help. I am in a very basic points only keeper league. Stats are very very basic. G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA. 3 points for a goal and 2 points for an assist. I have the opportunity to trade for one of 3 players to fillout the last remaining keeper spot. Those being Marian Gaborik, Jeff Carter or Jordan Eberle. Up until the deadline i wouldnt have thought of gabby, but he seems rejuvenated. Eberle is a stud and i think will rebound to close to point per game levels next year. Carter is strictly a goal scoring guy who should net close to 45 goals and 15 PPG during a full season, at least based on his numbers this year. My league greatly rewards goals and PPG...so im torn. I guess im leaning to carter or eberle. HEEEELLLLPPPPPPP.....LOL Any input would be great. Thanks! :-)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Jeff Carter's scoring numbers are seriously off base. He hasn't had 40 goals since 08-09, and never will again. Eberle is the guy you want. Gabby doesn't have enough help around him. I wouldn't count on Eberle being a PPG guy though, he's more of a 65-75 point player.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would be leaning towards Gabby, if you are comfortable knowing that he will miss a few games each season.

Eberle is a close second but the Oilers have a ton of young scoring forwards that they can count on. It means that the scoring will be spread out in Edmonton for the foreseeable future.

Gabby is going to be leaned on to provide offense for an otherwise anemic Columbus group.

My vote would be for Gaborik.
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com