Thread: Hall loses it

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Hall loses it

this should at least get reviewed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a12ZMGRLasg

nhl is so inconsistent.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

it should be reviewed by tippet so he can bench every guy on the ice for not stepping up in michalek's defense.

if i see an opposing player slash my teammate down, i'm going after him.

unless the opposing player is zdeno chara. i'll let it slide in that case only.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    it should be reviewed by tippet so he can bench every guy on the ice for not stepping up in michalek's defense.

Mmm, not sure I agree.

Watched the game and Hanzal bear-tackled him right away, refs got in quickly, but Michalek went after Hall a bit and Doan was talking a LOT to Hall afterwards.

Late in the game, Hanzal took a minor for boarding after crushing Hall on the end boards.

I'm all for getting retribution on the ice, but the Coyotes were only up one at the time of the slash...and they're in a desperate fight to get into the playoffs.

You can't send BizNasty out to run after Hall if you're in that situation. I thought Phoenix handled it just fine.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

unless the opposing player is zdeno chara. i'll let it slide in that case only.
    Lol, no doubt!

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm sure Phoenix will pick their spot and find a good time to get some retribution on Hall..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Mmm, not sure I agree.

Watched the game and Hanzal bear-tackled him right away, refs got in quickly, but Michalek went after Hall a bit and Doan was talking a LOT to Hall afterwards.

Late in the game, Hanzal took a minor for boarding after crushing Hall on the end boards.

I'm all for getting retribution on the ice, but the Coyotes were only up one at the time of the slash...and they're in a desperate fight to get into the playoffs.

You can't send BizNasty out to run after Hall if you're in that situation. I thought Phoenix handled it just fine.
    Hall should get a call from Shannahan

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Mmm, not sure I agree.

I got the sense that Doan went over to Hall to tell him "you know you're going to have to answer for that" - the veteran explaining things to the young'un.

I do agree that the playoff race likely prevented an all out reaction. I did like Hanzal's throw down though.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hanzal destroyed Hall with a boarding call shortly after, and Hall deserved it. Love it when Hall plays with emotion but that two-hand chop was despicable and he got what he deserved when he got drilled.

Hall is going to find himself on the painful end of more of these types of situations if he can't rein himself in at points.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Hall is going to find himself on the painful end of more of these types of situations if he can't rein himself in at points.
    Given his fragile nature that's the last thing he should be looking for.

Dobber Sports Stud

I guess it's because I've never played hockey but it would never occur to me to go around hacking people down with a wooden stick.

I get the hits, I get the glove in the face and the pushing, I even kinda get the fighting, but I just don't get the notion that using a stick to hit people can be an appropriate reaction to any given situation (other than to avoid immediate bodily harm being inflicted on me).

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    I got the sense that Doan went over to Hall to tell him "you know you're going to have to answer for that" - the veteran explaining things to the young'un.
    You took the words write out of my mouth. I really like Doan.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I guess it's because I've never played hockey but it would never occur to me to go around hacking people down with a wooden stick.

I get the hits, I get the glove in the face and the pushing, I even kinda get the fighting, but I just don't get the notion that using a stick to hit people can be an appropriate reaction to any given situation (other than to avoid immediate bodily harm being inflicted on me).
    Well if you watch the play the second Michalek engages Hall he starts holding Hall's stick so I understand how the frustration could lead to exactly that reaction. He holds stick = frustration channelled into stick movement = slash. Not that that's justification for doing it because it was a completely boneheaded move but that's how you get these sorts of reactions. It's not calculated - it's just instinct.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

That was brutal... He better get suspended and needs to pay dearly when these teams play again in a less important game. Worst stash I've seen in a long time.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Pro

A lot of you are forgetting the fact that Hall has been getting run for his entire career.
    On 1 hand you say someone needs to get retribution for what Hall did, but you got no respect for the fact that Hall was taking retribution for all the times he got run, including in that game.

Im not at all suggesting a 2 handed slash is the right thing to do, it was a dirty move no doubt and I hope he finds other ways to fight his battles; but you cant ignore that Hall gets run every game, often dirtily, so he takes retribution. It goes both ways.

ps. Hall should have got a penalty, a 5minute major really, but I have no idea how the refs allowed Phoenix players to go after Hall after every whistle for the rest of the game. Literally everytime Hall was out there somebody gave him a shot after the whistle. I see those get called every other game I watch, but for some reason it was tolerated 3-4 times last night.
    Yandle was slashing Yakupov all game too. It was a chippy game and Edmonton doesnt have anyone besides Mike Brown to stand up for these kids so they have to take matters into their own hands.

pps. I'm really aggravated that Oilers management hasn't made more moves to insulate these kids, Hall has far too often this season had to fight his own battles when he's already responsible for geneating most of the offense. I'll give Tambelinni 1 more summer to surround these kids with some functional toughness before I join Big Ev and company in thinking Tambelinni is a terrible GM.
    Last edited by donions; April 11, 2013 at 6:33 PM.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    That was brutal... He better get suspended and needs to pay dearly when these teams play again in a less important game. Worst stash I've seen in a long time.

The situation was already dealt with in the game when Hanzal drilled him from behind into the boards.