Thread: Kadri vs. Datsyuk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Kadri vs. Datsyuk

(Ignore team in sig.).

G, A, P, PPG, PPA, PIM, +/-

Keep 10, but can only keep 2C and I already have one in Malkin. Who is the odd man out? For some reason, I feel like this is much closer than when you initially read "Who vs. Kadri or Datsyuk?"

Don't forget about Datsyuk loving playing in Russia during the lockout.

Thanks for the help!
    12 Team H2H, KEEP 7, 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G (Min. 3 goalie starts)

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, GAA, SV%, SO

C: Backstrom, Malkin, Kesler, Nielsen
    LW: Benn, Miller, J.Staal, Danault
    RW: P.Kane, Saad, Silfverberg, Brouwer, Coyle
    D: Carlson, Phaneuf, Yandle, , Vlasic
    G: Rinne, Gibson, Howard (IR)

Dobber Sports Ace

It's not that close. Datsyuk isn't going anywhere soon. Give me the proven player over the might be.

Dobber Sports Stud

I completely disagree that this isn't even close. There are other factors that could come into play here. Do you guys have a salary cap? If so Kadri becomes much more attractive. Are you in a position to win next year? If not Kadri becomes much more attractive.

Hockey pools are not necessarily won by sticking with the guys everyone presumes are the safe pick. Datsyuk is past his prime and I'd expect a fairly linear regression from here on out. He certainly shouldn't be valued as anything better than a PPG player at this point and I'd have a very hard time paying that for him. I'd be confident to give Datsyuk about a 5-10 point edge over Kadri next year with their trajectories crossing the year after and Kadri being the better option from there on out.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wings fan here, I'd take Kadri over Datsyuk in fantasy leagues. Datsyuk is an unbelievable player, but he's aging and past his prime. Kadri is the better choice here IMO.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Stud

It is a pretty close call.. Depending on how the rest of your team looks, I personally prefer Dats..

If you have a lot of older players, maybe keep Kadri instead, so that it gives you a nice balance.. I just feel as if it is pretty even so why not go with proven, even though age is creeping up to him.

Kadri would be the favourite, as of now, but shortened season and who knows what next season will hold, whereas I think Dats has pretty well established what he does per season..

So what does your team need? Youth/Potential vs Age/Consistency
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Imagine this thread on Jan 19th, on the first game of the season. People would be LAUGHING their asses off! Two months and a half later, after PPG performance, you peg him over Datsyuk? Kadri is a massive North Korean sky rocket selll high! We haven't seen him play against the best defensemen, on a regular basis, which Datsyuk has been doing for the past X years. Three years from now, that may be a different subject but he may still pull a Selanne on all of us...who knows.

Hand me Datsyuk over Kadri no questions asked.
    Keeper league H2H weekly (12 teams, 22P, 12K)
    9 Skater stats: P, G, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Hits, BS -- 4 Goalie stats: W, SO, Save%, GAA%
    C: Dubois, Hischier, Patrick
    W: Rakell, Pastrnak, Ferland, Ho-Sang
    D: Dumba, Klingberg, Rielly, Klefbom
    G: Raanta, Grubauer
    Bench: Hart, C. Anderson, Kinkaid, M. Smith, Werenski, Myers, Zadina, Ferland, Ho-Sang,

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkb7 View Post
    Imagine this thread on Jan 19th, on the first game of the season. People would be LAUGHING their asses off! Two months and a half later, after PPG performance, you peg him over Datsyuk? Kadri is a massive North Korean sky rocket selll high! We haven't seen him play against the best defensemen, on a regular basis, which Datsyuk has been doing for the past X years. Three years from now, that may be a different subject but he may still pull a Selanne on all of us...who knows.

Hand me Datsyuk over Kadri no questions asked.
    I'm not going to suggest to take Kadri over Datsyuk. If this is a cap league I would but other wise no. But this sell high crap on all these treads when we are talking about kids with PEDIGREE, and every other reason to believe they are not flukes is getting insane. He is a top 10 pick who has put up numbers at every level and is now doing it at the NHL with every single teammate he has played with, half of them being crap players. There is 0 I repeat O reason to believe he will not continue to put up numbers. People need to take into a count pedigree when telling people to sell high on kids. Just like real sports the way you create dynasty's is not be trading your young players. Sell high's should be on players like Hartnell who have 1 off years were they exceed there there career track records.
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; April 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.