Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: Marchand

  1. #31
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Ace

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I'll say it. I'm happy Marchand got a concussion. I wish it wasn't just a mild one. Goddamn rat. The only player I can remember being happier that he got injured is Chris Pronger.

    Dirty punk players that get what's coming to them should not get sympathy. They should be laughed at.
    Well that's pretty severe! Ha. Not only no sympathy BUT also laughed at!
    8 Team H2H League (Keep 5)
    4C - 4LW - 4RW - 6D - 2G

    2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, P, SOG, HIT GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Bergeron, Backstrom, MacKinnon
    LW= Pavelski, E. Kane
    RW= Giroux, Okposo, Kessel, Carter
    D= Muzzin, Barrie, Vatanen
    G= Rask, Elliot, Schneider

  2. #32
    punkasss's Avatar
    punkasss is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Wow, people are all riled up in here!!! How long do people se Marchand being out with a "mild" concussion? If it's going to be more than a couple more games, I will likely drop him as I'm in a tight roto race.
    Dude's a rock...he'll be back Sat watch and see

  3. #33
    Rep Power
    11

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punkasss View Post
    Dude's a rock...he'll be back Sat watch and see
    Isn't there some kind of protocol that he has to sit for a week?
    WHL - Halifax Krakens

    C - Backstrom, Zetterberg, Plekanec, Dubinsky, Thompson
    LW - Landeskog, E. Staal, Steen, Marchand, Berglund, Tanguay
    RW - Atkinson, Eriksson, Stempniak, Shaw, Comeau
    D - Hedman, Goligoski, Demers, Beaulieu, Kulikov, C. Murphy, Seidenberg, Holden
    G - Quick
    IR - Berra, Wisniewski
    Prospects - Demko, Samuelsson, Labanc, Stolarz, Hickett, Marchenko, Lessio, Backman, Vladar

  4. #34
    punkasss's Avatar
    punkasss is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default

    You could be right.. I was speaking metaphorically.

  5. #35
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Ace

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punkasss View Post
    You could be right.. I was speaking metaphorically.
    So now your saying he's not actually a rock? hah.. knew it, metaphor!
    8 Team H2H League (Keep 5)
    4C - 4LW - 4RW - 6D - 2G

    2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, P, SOG, HIT GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Bergeron, Backstrom, MacKinnon
    LW= Pavelski, E. Kane
    RW= Giroux, Okposo, Kessel, Carter
    D= Muzzin, Barrie, Vatanen
    G= Rask, Elliot, Schneider

  6. #36
    4T2's Avatar
    4T2 is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,023
    Location
    Outside The Asylum
    Rep Power
    37

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Okay, Dr. Phil. Whatever you say. What goes around comes around. That simple. Has nothing to do with anger. Just actions and reactions.
    Alright, next time you get hurt and people start laughing at you, make sure you remember that "what goes around comes around"
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

  7. #37
    Dakkster's Avatar
    Dakkster is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,670
    Location
    Halmstad, Sweden
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Alright, next time you get hurt and people start laughing at you, make sure you remember that "what goes around comes around"
    Yeah, because I regularly go around hurting people... not. Idiot. What kind of logic are you proposing here? Look, if a clean player gets hurt, that's a shame because he never hurt anyone, or at least not willfully. If a dirty player ges hurt, that's completely fine by me because he had run around hurting others before. Actions and reactions, very simple.
    GO WINGS!

  8. #38
    4T2's Avatar
    4T2 is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,023
    Location
    Outside The Asylum
    Rep Power
    37

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Yeah, because I regularly go around hurting people... not. Idiot. What kind of logic are you proposing here? Look, if a clean player gets hurt, that's a shame because he never hurt anyone, or at least not willfully. If a dirty player ges hurt, that's completely fine by me because he had run around hurting others before. Actions and reactions, very simple.
    You laugh at someone who gets hurt, someone laughs at you when you get hurt. That is the logic I'm proposing.

    I'm not saying that because you laughed at someone getting hurt, that you should be hurt. I'm saying when it inevitably happens (everyone gets hurt at some point), don't be pissed off when someone laughs at you for it. Maybe you trip and fall on the street and hurt yourself. Don't be pissed off at the bystanders who laugh at you.

  9. #39
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default

    Hey fellas, how's about you take your pissing contest elsewhere so that those of us who care to monitor the injury status of Marchand (ie. the purpose of this thread), can do so without having to scroll through ridiculous arguments and circular logic?

    Getting back on topic, this league-imposed mandatory one week sit-out is news to me....explains why so many coaches are hesitant to acknowledge these injuries as being concussions. Considering the Bruins have officially called it a "mild" concussion, is it safe to say the Marchand is out for a minumum of one week?
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

    F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

  10. #40
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Guru

    Default

    hes out of tonight's game

    Naoko Funayama ‏@NaokoFunayama 3m Marchand will not play tonight vs #Sens
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

    If you are asking for advice and you don't provide ALL the relevant info you will not get quality responses and many forum members won't respond at all.

    Include all the details, e.g.; League and roster size, league type (H2H, Roto, Pts only), scoring set-up, daily/weekly starts, how many start at each position, max gp, your roster etc etc.

  11. #41
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Ace

    Default

    Anybody have a guess when he returns? He's been dropped and wondering if he would be worth picking up for next week (if I make it to the finals)
    8 Team H2H League (Keep 5)
    4C - 4LW - 4RW - 6D - 2G

    2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, P, SOG, HIT GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Bergeron, Backstrom, MacKinnon
    LW= Pavelski, E. Kane
    RW= Giroux, Okposo, Kessel, Carter
    D= Muzzin, Barrie, Vatanen
    G= Rask, Elliot, Schneider

  12. #42
    letnry's Avatar
    letnry is offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,096
    Rep Power
    33

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default

    http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-headlines?r=1
    Brad Marchand (concussion) has been cleared to practice with contact.
    Marchand has been sidelined since suffering a mild concussion last week against the Devils. Now that he's been cleared for contact, it's possible Marchand could return by the end of this week. We'll update you as soon as we know more.

  13. #43
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Guru

    Default

    he is in tonight

    Naoko Funayama ‏@NaokoFunayama 19m Both Marchand and Bergeron will be in the lineup tonight. No Soderberg yet. #Bruins #Sabres
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

    If you are asking for advice and you don't provide ALL the relevant info you will not get quality responses and many forum members won't respond at all.

    Include all the details, e.g.; League and roster size, league type (H2H, Roto, Pts only), scoring set-up, daily/weekly starts, how many start at each position, max gp, your roster etc etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •