Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marchand

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Marchand

Hey boys,

Just noticed Marchand's ice time tonight is at 8:25 and the boxscore shows that Volchenkov got a GAME MISCONDUCT for elbowing... and it seems like it was on Marchand. Anyone watching the game and have details as to what happened/severity??
    Last edited by L2TG; April 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I just posted......turned on the TV in the second and saw him leave the ice grimacing....hasn't been back since. No idea what happened, sorry
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Ninja

The sorry hand of karma probably hit him in the face.

And now to add something constructive to this post:

NESN Nation ‏@NESNNation 2m
    Brad Marchand will not return to the Bruins game, according to @NaokoFunayama. Here's video of the (dirty) hit: http://wp.me/p2AlCJ-Gpo

Dobber Sports Star

Marchand is a disgrace to the game. Not that I want him to get hurt, but I can see why players would hate him, and honestly I'd rather see something like this happen to him than to most other players.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    The sorry hand of karma probably hit him in the face.
    AGREED.

Thanks for the clip and update b0n!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ugh, Bergeron and now Marchand......the Bruins and my fantasy team being decimated by concussions.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bruins fan or not, like him or not calling it karma and being happy he got hurt is the lamest thing I have ever read. Are you people that pathetic?

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by joeygmoney View Post
    Bruins fan or not, like him or not calling it karma and being happy he got hurt is the lamest thing I have ever read. Are you people that pathetic?
    Two things:

1) No one said anything about being happy.

2) It's funny that you're saying this when your avatar is a player being smashed into the glass, with shards of it raining down on the player.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Two things:

1) No one said anything about being happy.

2) It's funny that you're saying this when your avatar is a player being smashed into the glass, with shards of it raining down on the player.
    So a clean hit that broke the glass and didn't injure a player makes me a hypocrite? You need to learn what you are talking about. I can't even reason with someone like you.

Dobber Sports Guru

So a clean hit that broke the glass and didn't injure a player makes me a hypocrite? You need to learn what you are talking about. I can't even reason with someone like you.
    Or reason at all. Where did anyone say anything about being happy?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Slow your roll Jack Edwards.
    8 team keeper league (keep 5)
    Standard Yahoo scoring format: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, S, PIM, BLK, W/L, SV, -GA, SO

Forwards:
    Malkin, Benn, Eichel, Kucherov, Draisaitl, Schwartz, Marchessault, R.Smith, Hornqvist, Voracek, Atkinson, Lee, T. Johnson

Defensemen:
    Letang, S. Jones, Krug, Sergachev, McDonagh, Dumba

Goalies:
    Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Rask

Farm:
    Keller, Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It didn't even look like it was the type of hit that should do much damage. I am not saying that Volchenkov is in the clear - it was a dirty play and he clearly targeted the head, but it just didn't appear to be something that should keep him out long.
    8 team keeper league (keep 5)
    Standard Yahoo scoring format: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, S, PIM, BLK, W/L, SV, -GA, SO

Forwards:
    Malkin, Benn, Eichel, Kucherov, Draisaitl, Schwartz, Marchessault, R.Smith, Hornqvist, Voracek, Atkinson, Lee, T. Johnson

Defensemen:
    Letang, S. Jones, Krug, Sergachev, McDonagh, Dumba

Goalies:
    Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Rask

Farm:
    Keller, Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Icon

It's a tough situation for Volchenkov. It's easy to elbow Marchand in the head, because a) he's so small and b) he really makes you want to.
    I roared at this quote from the Puck Daddy article on the hit.

Clearly a dirty hit, definitely should get a few games for it.

For the record, I love Marchand, but I hate some of his antics (diving). "Disgrace to the game" is a little harsh though. At least he has some significant talent to go along with his antics.

I would place him in a group with guys like Alex Burrows, PK Subban or Steve Ott. Talented players whose antics (while effective) detract from their reputation.

I would not call him a disgrace to the game in the way that guys like Dan Carcillo, Maxim Lapierre or Jarko Ruutu are.

Dobber Sports Ace

Ppl always hate the other team's agitators.

Difference is Marchand and his coach always complain about other ppl diving, and he's the biggest diver/embellisher on this team of "tough guys"

I'm sure these Bruins fans here were never cheering for Ulf Samuelsson to get hurt.
    Last edited by cdubb; April 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    Ppl always hate the other team's agitators.

Difference is Marchand and his coach always complain about other ppl diving, and he's the biggest diver/embellisher on this team of "tough guys"

I'm sure these Bruins fans here were never cheering for Ulf Samuelsson to get hurt.
    Marchand complaining about diving is like Stephen Harper complaining about senate appointments. It drives me and many Bruins fans nuts when he flops like that. Julien has stated many times that it isn't tolerated. While it does still happen (Marchand being the worst perpetrator on the Bs), the team as a whole does not embellish to near the extent that the Canadiens or Canucks do.

The Habs probably get more flack than they deserve based on history. The only serial-diver I can think of on the team right now is Subban. But the history with guys like Kovalev, Lapierre, Riberio makes it hard to not think of it being a problem with the whole team.

The Nucks on the other hand have 3 of the worst divers in the NHL, Burrows, Lapierre, Kesler and even Henrik Sedin gets in on the action.

As much as I hate Samuelsson, I would never wish serious injury on a player. Busted nose or a few chicklets being knocked out maybe, but nothing that would seriously hurt someone.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".