Thread: Trade Opinion/Thoughts

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Opinion/Thoughts

Hey all, I'm dead last this year after a year of injuries and underperformers, the league is a 10 team, 4 player keeper league. My keepers right now.. are between these players --
    Anze Kopitar - C
    Jason Spezza - C
    Tyler Seguin - C,RW
    Thomas Vanek - LW
    Patrick Sharp - RW,LW,C
    Jonathan Quick - G
    Because of the value of goalies and goalie games being met (points only max games played league) I don't want to enter the draft without a goalie and right now Quick is my best option, kept him from last season.
    I would be keeping Kopitar, Quick, Spezza, and either Vanek or Seguin so I'm a little torn on that front, however, our trade deadline is the 11th and creeping up, another team is selling some players for picks including Kessel, James Neal, and Claude Giroux... I would like to get a player like Giroux on my team after he's had somewhat of a disappointing season.. Through my season acquisitions and trades etc., I've managed to acquire a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick on top of my existing picks.. leaving me with my original 1st round pick (which right now is looking like 1st OVERALL), two 2nd rounders, two 3rd rounders, two 4th rounders, and two 5th rounders.
    I was thinking that I would offer either Vanek or Sharp and 2 picks, would have to be my first overall, including another top pick, do you think it matters which round after the first? it would have to be either a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th.. or is that giving up too much for Giroux? Normally I think not, but as I'm in a rebuilding of my team would it hurt me more? or is this part of the rebuild. Any help is good help, I will try and return the favor..

Also, I'm new to these forums, but have been active on ESPN and Yahoo so hopefully you don't judge from the lack of posts on my end.

Dobber Sports Guru

Who are the other guy's four keepers? If Vanek or Sharp isn't an upgrade, he won't really want them.

Also, who is generally available in the second round in your pool?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid