Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jiggy blows up on team mates (Guys are more concerned with their Vegas trips)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Jiggy blows up on team mates (Guys are more concerned with their Vegas trips)

In a refreshing turn of events, JS Giguere held nothing back as his team lost 3-1 to Calgary last night. In the post game media scrum, Adrian Dater spent some time with Giguere, and he went off on his mates. I say good on Giguere. I love his attitude.

Here is some of it...the link is at the bottom

“The (allowing) the first goal is one part of it (problems), but I think it comes down to us not playing very well defensively. We spend too much time in our own zone, and that’s hard. That’s where it’s hard. We know we can score some goals, we have some offensive tools. But when you spend part of the second period in your zone and give up too many scoring chances, you’re not going to win games like that.

“We talk about it every day. At some point, we have to understand. There’s no more excuses. It’s not about being young, it’s not about … we have to put our head into the game.”

OK, still fairly strong stuff there. But after saying that, you could see Jiggy just sort of say to himself, “Screw this, I’m gonna go rogue here and really tell it like it is.” Which led to this:

“Some guys are more worried about their Vegas trip at the end of the season than playing the games, than playing every minute of the games. Quite frankly, I don’t care about your Vegas trip right now.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...15/#more-12915
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

That's pretty fun how he flips the switch and says screw it haha. Good for him though, they're in last place. If people are throwing in the towel, the veterans are going to let them know.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Good on him. He hates losing and those are the kind of players your team needs.

I don't pay much attention to the NHL standings, so when it was mentioned before last nights game with Calgary that these 2 team were playing in a 'must lose' game, lol, I was surprised to see that they were the bottom feeders. Calgary yes, but I thought Colorado was higher in the standings with the likes of Duschene, who is a hell of a talent, Landeskog, Stastny, Parenteau, E. Johnston and very capable goaltending. Time for a coaching change asap!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hello Vegas

Sounds like Jiggy is really happy its only a 48 game season this year ??
    12 team Full Keeper
    G,A +/- Hits,BS,SOG,ATOI,PPP,FOW,PIM,GWG,W,Saves,Save%,GAA ,SO
    C:Crosby,R.Johanson,J.Carter,Brassard,Fisher,Kadri ,Vermette
    RW:Ovechkin,Voracek,Hornquist,Niederieter,Silfverb erg
    LW:Benn,Zetterberg,Panarin,Hartnell,Ladd,Hertl
    D:Hedmen,OEL,Buff,Letang,Klingberg,Chara,Gudas,Orp ik
    G:Price,Crawford,Dubnyk,Darling,Miller

10 Team Full Keeper 29 Roster 5 Minors Full Roto
    C-Crosby,Backstrom,Kopitar,Krejci,RNH,Plekanec,
    LW-Hall,Saad,Krieder,Perron,Boedker
    RW-Okposo,Atkinson,Niederietter,Shaw
    D-Letang,Hedman,Green.Klingberg,S.Jones,Chara,Orpik
    G-Bobrovski,Lehner,Niemi,Helly,Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

hope giggy goes to a contender, what a waste for him to be on a team that doesnt give a shit

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yep, I agree. I too hope he goes somewhere that is in contention next year. He's had a great career and he can be very usefull to another team in contention.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

The Great One

He probably wants to stay on the strip, but the young boys in Colorado prefer the best pool parties (which are not on the strip). I'd be pissed if I was Giguere too. If he prefers Bellagio or Venetian, why should he have to 'lower' his standards to stay at the Hardrock or Mandalay Bay?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    He probably wants to stay on the strip, but the young boys in Colorado prefer the best pool parties (which are not on the strip). I'd be pissed if I was Giguere too. If he prefers Bellagio or Venetian, why should he have to 'lower' his standards to stay at the Hardrock or Mandalay Bay?
    Hahaha. Awesome. Too bad their captain isn't even old enough to legally drink in Vegas.

But you're right - he probably sees no point staying at the Hardrock or Palms for pool parties when he'd rather relax and hit the occasional high roller table at Bellagio or Wynn
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Veteran

Good one Giggy.........love to see veteran guys that still care about winning and the integrity of the game. As an unhappy owner, I wish I saw more of this fire from Mr. Mail-it-in-Kiprusoff
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is great... we need more Jiggies/Millers in the NHL to keep the Carters/Richards' honest!

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah, this team is too talented to play like this. I haven't been a fan of Sacco and Sherman is the worst GM in the league. Just look at his past few years of trades and you'll see why. Guy makes bonehead trades.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Immortal

What do they expect with a 20 year old captain!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    What do they expect with a 20 year old captain!
    A Blackhawks/Penguins-esque Stanley Cup win?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah, I love Landeskog, but making him the youngest ever captain was a puzzling (and terrible) decision.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

"Jiggy" should be "Giggy".. I was confused at the thread title when I first saw it, HAHA.. Thought it was a video of Roenick doing a Jig!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..