Thread: Best I've Seen? - A Thank You

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Best I've Seen? - A Thank You

I just want to send an early thank you to the Dobber community for helping me put together the most dominant team Ive ever seen in a fantasy league Ive been involved in. This is for team 1 in my sig.....if you've helped me over the years you may recognize it.

Let me be clear....this is NOT patting myself on the back! This was my original keeper team that I have been with for four seasons now. Any move that was worth considering over the years was brought to you fine people.

With Malkin out for the rest of 2011, I bombarded these boards with "Should I give up Malkin for Perry" (that one paid off as it was the latter's Hart year). Im sure you guys also helped me pull off grabbing the King for Thornton and Varlamov way back in 2009!

I know it was a short season this year......but take a look.

Record of 75-12-12 for 162 points.....the next closest...

56-34-9 for 121 (I will admit, the guy who was 2nd was my only loss )

We count 9 categories, out of 11 weeks I had 8 five times, 7 twice and 6 three times.

All of this with "slow starts" from the likes of Perry, Ovie, Giroux and the King.

If I were a Leafs' fan I would say it was all my early season pickup of Kadri, but since I'm not...... Thank You

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Congrats,

Glad to have helped and been helped by you. Love seeing a good community member do well. I also had first goign into my H2H playoffs but am getting stomped right now, I have a week to turn it around though
    1st Year Keeper H2H. 7 Weekly Acquisitions. 9F, 5D, 2 Util, 3 Active Goalies and 2 Bench (1 IR).
    Player Cats: G, A, +/- , PTS, SOG, PPP, HITS, BLKS, DEF PTS
    Goalie Cats: SV%, GAA, W, SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Hmm, well I'd like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to the Dobber community as well. Team in my sig, destroying my league year after year with a 1st, 3rd, 1st, 1st dynasty like performance in four years.

Never had any of Crosby, Ovie, Malkin, Stamkos, Karlsson, Green to help me win... but came through based on a lot of advice on depth moves from people on this forum and head up on hot streaks/cold streaks from notes in the daily ramblings.

Thanks Dobberhockey!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.