Thread: From 1st to Eliminated - Keeper Advice

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default From 1st to Eliminated - Keeper Advice

So our playoffs started last week, and after finishing 1st in the regular season (8-2), I was eliminated in the first round by the last place team (1-9) with a bad week. Sucks but what can you do.

Struggling with my top 8 for next year. I'm pretty happy with my top 6, but don't know how to round it out. My locks are:

Kane (114 fantasy points)
    Parise (95 fp)
    Benn (66 fp)
    Neal (100 fp)
    Pietrangelo (59 fp)
    Lundqvist (127 fp)

Now the last 2 will be among:

Simmonds (90 fp)
    Leddy (72 fp)
    Wheeler (65 fp)
    J. Johnson (45 fp)
    Faulk (40 fp)
    Fowler (17 fp)

Could use some advice on who they best keepers are of this group.

I was thinking Simmonds and Johnson. Simmonds is in the mix because PIMS are so valuable in my league. But maybe Leddy should be considered over JJ?
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Icon

Simmonds is a given for sure.

Really tough choice after that but I think I would go with Wheeler. He seems to improve every year.

If you think defencemen are going to be hard to come by in the draft, I could justify taking Leddy instead.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Giant

wthout looking at you fanatsy points listed i like em in this order.

wheeler
    simmonds
    faulk
    leddy

with the fantasy points listed, maybe just take the two highest ranked.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd be careful about overvaluing Leddy, because +/- is so volatile and a lot of his points are coming from his +15 rating this year. A year ago he was -12. Maybe he proves me wrong and continues to be a plus player, but I wouldn't keep him based on that valuation.

Simmonds to me is a must-keep. The guy is minus-nine and still your most valuable option other than your must keeps (and has even been better than some of your must keeps).

The second spot becomes a bit murkier. You only start 6 forwards, so keeping a sixth forward seems to cause a bit of an imbalance. Jack Johnson is has been a negative defenseman for almost his whole career (large sample size) which hurts his value, but Columbus seems to be a team on the rise.

If I were you, I'd look to try to make a package deal along the way. If I had to choose two now, i'd go with Simmonds and Johnson.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would also take Simmonds and Wheeler. JJ is nothing special, you can redraft him or get someone similar next year

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Simmonds and JJ for me.

Dobber Sports Star

Simmonds and Wheeler for me. I don't like putting too much faith in middle of the pack dmen. Too much fluctuation from year to year.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I'd be careful about overvaluing Leddy, because +/- is so volatile and a lot of his points are coming from his +15 rating this year. A year ago he was -12. Maybe he proves me wrong and continues to be a plus player, but I wouldn't keep him based on that valuation.

Simmonds to me is a must-keep. The guy is minus-nine and still your most valuable option other than your must keeps (and has even been better than some of your must keeps).

The second spot becomes a bit murkier. You only start 6 forwards, so keeping a sixth forward seems to cause a bit of an imbalance. Jack Johnson is has been a negative defenseman for almost his whole career (large sample size) which hurts his value, but Columbus seems to be a team on the rise.

If I were you, I'd look to try to make a package deal along the way. If I had to choose two now, i'd go with Simmonds and Johnson.
    This is exactly where my head's at. I feel that Simmonds and Wheeler are probaby my best options, but I don't really want 6 forward keepers and only 1 d-keeper. That's why I'm thinking Simmonds and Johnson for now.

But yeah I agree, hopefully in the off season I can offer a package deal that gives me an upgrade for a good D option.

Thanks everyone for the opinions and advice. I will rep where I can.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.