Thread: Need Targets for an keeper upgrade! REP!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Need Targets for an keeper upgrade! REP!

So I am in third place in my pool in which I get my money back, I have a fighting chance for second which doubles my money as he's only 8 points ahead of me but the guy in 1st is running away with it.

I am thinking with my trade deadline in two days to start thinking about next years keepers and consolidate my talent and upgrade my keepers or maybe I should stick with my current list?

I am in a keep three and my current keepers are:

1.) C.Giroux
    2.) E.Staal
    3.) R.Nash
    4.)J.Benn

I am thinking of holding on to Giroux and packaging the other three. Can you please let me know who would be potential upgrades? Below is my short list thus far.

1.)J.Taveres
    2.)C.Perry
    3.) D.Sedin and H.Sedin ( Benn/Nash for D.Sedin, Staal for H.Sedin)
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would package Nash and Benn for Tavares. Any other deal seems like too much

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Late in the fantasy hockey year, one thing I speculate about (often wrongly) is that when next year's fantasy hockey season opens - that the sites will revamp positional eligibility and get them RIGHT!

For example:
    Giroux is a center, not C/RW. Same with Backes.
    Datsyuk is a center, not C/LW. Same with Zetterberg. Same with Jamie Benn.

The scarcest real position in hockey is LW.
    I believe there are 6 stand-out LWers.

1. Ovechkin
    2. Parise
    3. D.Sedin
    4. T.Hall
    5. E.Kane
    6. B.Ryan

(And, for that matter, Ovechkin COULD be a RW next year!)

For that reason, you may decide to target a LW for next year.
    In a pool I help a buddy with, he asked me for advice on his team and I told him to go after Parise (LW) and Hall (LW) to prepare for this eligbility possibility.

He traded away Datsyuk (C/LW), Benn (C/LW), and Voracek to bring those two guys in. It seems like a lot, but in a count 2C/2LW/2RW pool... you don't want to all of a sudden have too many centers.

The guy he traded Datsyuk and Benn to already has:
    Anze Kopitar C
    Mike Richards C/LW
    Matt Duchene C/LW

He could possibly open next season with 5 centers!!!
    (Kopitar, M.Rich, Duchene, Datsyuk, Benn)
    In a pool that counts 2C... that's overkill.

Summary:
    Consider going after a premium LW.

Dobber Sports Expert

keep staal
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Genius

I am trying for Taveres but I am thinking the GM will past. How would you rank these three as keepers for the next two years?

1.)D.Sedin
    2.)R.Nash
    3.)J.Benn

Thats how I view it, but the way Nash is playing expically in my league that counts shots he's been by far the best of all three and he's missed some time.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I am trying for Taveres but I am thinking the GM will past. How would you rank these three as keepers for the next two years?

1.)D.Sedin
    2.)R.Nash
    3.)J.Benn

Thats how I view it, but the way Nash is playing expically in my league that counts shots he's been by far the best of all three and he's missed some time.
    Roughly in the order you have them. But as far as a keeper goes, I'd prefer the relative youth of Benn out of the three, even though the other two might out-point him.

The Sedins are excellent examples of keepers that I'd be looking to move now while they still have a high value. So I wouldn't be chasing them if I were you.

RETIRED