Thread: Would you drop Ellis or Whitney for Dumb or Rundblad?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Would you drop Ellis or Whitney for Dumb or Rundblad?

Just got knocked out of contention and looking to drop some of my baggage for some of the available prospects.

So far I picked up Larsson and thinking of adding one more (if they are worth holding onto).

Ellis doesn't seem to be panning out they way I thought he would with Suter leaving. Whitney...not sure how to gauge him. EDM wasn't playing the same as last year and they also seem like they want him gone. Though still on the young-ish side and has experience.

Based on HF, Dumba sounds awesome but in WHL, while Rundblad seems to picking it up in the AHL.

[The team in question is the second one in my sig]

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd drop Whitney.

Likely pick up Dumba.

Rundblad is buried in PHX and probbably doesn't exactly fit in PHX tight defensive system even though his AHL numbers suggest his offense is likely NHL ready.

Gotta think Dumba will be given opportunities being a high draft pick and I'm not too concerned about his declining numbers on an offensively challenged WHL team.

This is assuming you can wait a bit for either to be fantasy relevant.

Cheers
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Initiate

Unless you've got a farm or prospect roster I don't think either one will be worth picking up heading into next year. If you've got a farm/prospect roster then I'd happily drop Whitney for either one, but I'd probably look to Rundblad. He's been buried in Phoenix, but he is following the same path a lot of defensemen seem to follow: first they get drafted and the hype is huge (Dumba is in this phase right now), then they move up a level and don't do very well for a few years (where Rundblad is right now), and then they put it all together and then everyone wants them again. Very few defensemen follow any other path.

The fact that Rundblad is in his 'not doing well' phase right now makes it easier to get him, but he's much farther along than Dumba. It might seem counter-intuitive, but that's the move I'd make, assuming you don't waste a roster spot on him.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Sage

I would keep Ellis 100 percent he will figure it out eventually. Drop Whitney and grab Dumba the wait might be a little longer term then Rundblad but he is superior in almost every facet of the game.
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; April 11, 2013 at 4:06 AM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I would keep Ellis 100 percent he will figure it out eventually. Drop Whitney and grab Dumba the wait might be a little longer term then Rundblad but he is superior in almost every facet of the game.
    I totally agree with this one.
    Yahoo - 8 Teams - Dynasty League
    (G,A,SOG,HIT,BS,+/-,W,GAA,SV%,SO)

F: Crosby | Malkin | Ovechkin | Giroux | Toews | Perry | Bergeron | Kovalchuk (IR) | Duchene | Benn | Backes | Callahan | Landeskog | E. Staal | J. Staal | Galchenyuk | Gallagher | Silfverberg | Doan
    D: Letang (IR) | Seabrook | Keith | Girardi | Green | Ehrhoff | Ellis | Kulikov | Trouba | Beaulieu | Spurgeon | M. Staal (IR) |
    G: Lundqvist | Fleury

2006: 9th | 2007: 5th | 2008: 5th | 2009: 2nd | 2010: 1st | 2011: 1st |

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

D-man take so long to develop in most cases.. Don't drop Ellis, that would be a huge mistake.. I think I would keep Whitney over both Dumba and Rundblad to be honest..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..