Thread: QMJHL Year End Awards

Dobber Sports Stud

Default QMJHL Year End Awards

Link here:

http://www.theqmjhl.ca/article/the-g...ttable-evening

It should surprise nobody that Drouin cleaned up! A bit surprised not to see Nate Mac on the 1st all-star team but his injury certainly didn't help his chances.

To all those who've taken their digs at the Q through the years....don't underestimate what's happening right now! There are no less than half a dozen blue-chippers coming to an NHL rink near you (Drouin, Jaskin, Nate Mac, Ouellet and a stong case can be made for a few others)

Dobber Sports Sage

What's Jaskins upside in your opinion. Long term and how long to be a regular.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    What's Jaskins upside in your opinion. Long term and how long to be a regular.
    Upside...oh gawd....so hard to say and I generally try to stay away from that predictor and stick with what I think are more realistic numbers. I think he projects well as a top 6 player, probably 2nd liner with 1st line upside. On the 2nd line I'd be willing to take a chance on him as a 55+ guy with the potential to break 65 if he finds himself on the 1st line.

So hard to say how long it might take him to break with St Louis, they're such a deep squad. If he can translate any of his dominance from the Q into the AHL (and I'm willing to bet he can based on the style of game he plays) I'd give him a year of seasoning there and ready for NHL action the following year. Please note I said 'ready' not that he'd play, there's the already crowded group of forwards in the NHL and Rattie to contend with in the pipeline. Based on the current roster I just dont' see where he fits in but I never let that affect my valuation of a player.

Dobber has completely missed the bus on this kid, I'd have him inside the top 30 easily.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Upside...oh gawd....so hard to say and I generally try to stay away from that predictor and stick with what I think are more realistic numbers. I think he projects well as a top 6 player, probably 2nd liner with 1st line upside. On the 2nd line I'd be willing to take a chance on him as a 55+ guy with the potential to break 65 if he finds himself on the 1st line.

So hard to say how long it might take him to break with St Louis, they're such a deep squad. If he can translate any of his dominance from the Q into the AHL (and I'm willing to bet he can based on the style of game he plays) I'd give him a year of seasoning there and ready for NHL action the following year. Please note I said 'ready' not that he'd play, there's the already crowded group of forwards in the NHL and Rattie to contend with in the pipeline. Based on the current roster I just dont' see where he fits in but I never let that affect my valuation of a player.

Dobber has completely missed the bus on this kid, I'd have him inside the top 30 easily.
    Thank you great analyses. In my main pool we draft before the actual draft and can and can draft any 15 year old and up so a lot of the time mid level to late 1st rd guys get passed up for younger top 10 talent.. If we miss them in there draft year they then become FA's and can not be drafted in the entry draft ever. We can only pick them up at our FA agent auction but cannot place them on the farm. So they have to be on your main roster taking up a roster spot for a long time (stashed so to speak). Risky but if a guy has first line upside he's worth the wait and risk. We have big rosters so 1 or two are worth it as they go cheap in the free agent pool and can pay big dividends with long term ELC's we can sign them to right away. Drafted guys start at bigger contract and rais quicker

Based on your words he's going to be my stash guy. I had Nyquiest, Voynoy and Atkinsno for years but they graduated Jaskins is my guy in the offseason.
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; April 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I pretty much agree that Jaskin ends up being a 60pt guy. It may take a few seasons before that.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I was reading some recent clippings of Hitchcock saying that Jaskin will probably see some NHL time this year and that he reminds Hitch of Hossa.

Is this asset hyping at its finest or can Jaskin really go Hossa on the league. There are similarities, but the main difference for me is that Hossa is a better skater.

I know on HFB the blues forum swears he's the second comming, and universally like him over Rattie (by a fair amount too).

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bronz View Post
    I was reading some recent clippings of Hitchcock saying that Jaskin will probably see some NHL time this year and that he reminds Hitch of Hossa.

Is this asset hyping at its finest or can Jaskin really go Hossa on the league. There are similarities, but the main difference for me is that Hossa is a better skater.

I know on HFB the blues forum swears he's the second comming, and universally like him over Rattie (by a fair amount too).
    He certainly doesn't have the 'upside' of Rattie but he comes with far more certainty and that means a lot to some people (myself included - but that's mainly because I'm in very deep pools).

You're correct, he can not skate like Hossa and for that reason alone he'll never be Hossa.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Drouin

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Link here:

http://www.theqmjhl.ca/article/the-g...ttable-evening

It should surprise nobody that Drouin cleaned up! A bit surprised not to see Nate Mac on the 1st all-star team but his injury certainly didn't help his chances.

To all those who've taken their digs at the Q through the years....don't underestimate what's happening right now! There are no less than half a dozen blue-chippers coming to an NHL rink near you (Drouin, Jaskin, Nate Mac, Ouellet and a stong case can be made for a few others)
    Wow Drouin !! Most valuable player and best professionnal ... He really drive his way to the best offensive prospect oh this draft.

Really enjoy that i would surelly get him as i get the first overall !

thx for the link
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons