The APBA hockey simulation program has been around for decades. Its free and has both a simulator as well as a roster or coaches line setting program. There are a variety of leagues out there with just about every flavor or style that appeals to folks who enjoy sim hockey.

The community needs new blood so if you are thinking about fantasy hockey, don't just consider the same old thing. Give sim hockey a shot.

The main reason I enjoy sim hockey is that guys like Marc Staal, Brooks Orpik and Kronwall are difference makers in that they limit the other teams shots and second chance shots on goal. In fantasy hockey these guys are mostly forgotten and sit on the free agent pile yet in hockey any club would love to have any of those players on the roster.

You can see what I think is the top APBA league here

http://billcorfield.com/CCHL/

We have finances, a draft, prospects, a trade deadline and with 20+ owners and over a decade of experience we think its about as close as you can get to a true manager/GM experience on the web.

There are at least a few dozen leagues that I know and perhaps more out there. You can even start your own if you like.