Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELP... Luongo + for Lundquist +...

Dobber Sports Genius

Default HELP... Luongo + for Lundquist +...

So I'm done for the year in my keeper , team is in sig. below , another GM fighting for 1st has made an offer that is open to "tweeks".
    This GM has no better pick than an 8th.
    He has suggested any of his goalies , preferably Luongo , + Franzen or Burrows + 8th
    for my Luongo + Gaboprik + 14th.
    Now by no means am I interested in that offer but , I am looking at his team and seeing if there is "something" that could be done.
    His other goalies are the Anahiem tandem of Hiller + Fasth.
    His noteable players are , Stamkos , Paciorety , Turris , Hodgson , Semin , E. Kane , Yandle , Pietrangelo , Markov , Boyle.
    We protect 6 and it looks like Malkin , Lundy , Hubs , Gaborik are the for sure keepers for now.
    I have Ennis , Skinner , Markstrom , O.E.L. , DelZotto , Richards , Read & Simmonds who are keeper "bubble" players as of now.
    I'm wondering if Luongo + his two 8th rnd picks + one of his noteable players or two of those players would be worth doing?
    I'm tempted to counter with Luongo + Stamkos for Lundquist + Gaborik ; I'd likely have to toss him an early pick as well or/and a quality Center elidgeable player to compernsate for Stamkos.
    I'd argueably be over paying but , I get Stamkos.
    I then could keep Markstrom or/and make a deal for a Lehner , Bobrovsky , enroth type goalie or just try to draft wisely.
    Thoughts and suggestions on my situation would be of great help to me.
    POOL ON!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Superstar

1) you need to clean up that post, very very hard to follow.

2) his offer isn't close and you're right not to consider it.

3) I would much rather have Luongo/Stamkos then Lundqvist/Gaborik/High Pick, but you can try.

4) Skinner should be a definite keeper from that list, and the last I would pick from Markstrom/Ennis/OEL, so your goal should be to improve on them or any of your other keepers of course.

The players I would target would be Stamkos/Pietrangelo, and if you are getting Luongo back in the deal, I would be fine with dangling Lundqvist. Personally, if I'm the other guy, I would not move Stamkos, but there's no harm in feeling him out, so maybe try your offer and see what he says. You might need to add one of Skinner/Markstrom/Ennis/OEL to get it done, but you need to determine what he wants first. Another try might be Lundqvist + throw away for Luongo/Pietrangelo, but find out how he feels about Stamkos first.

Dobber Sports Initiate

wow thats hard to follow... I can't tell if you own luongo, lundqvist, gabby or stamkos without looking at your sig

there is no way I'd move lundqvist for that, which leaves a big hole in your goalies
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Genius

Ok , I'm not a writer , nor an english teacher/professor.
    I'm not a proof reader or student in school/university.
    So sorry for my lack of "education".
    This explains my lack of responses to many of my posts , lol.
    I'm not offended and am out-spoken.
    My team is in my sig. , so it's idiot proof as to who my players are.
    Thanks for the great feed-back.
    I'm kind of liking the idea of trying to get Luongo + Stamkos.
    Not likely to happen but , it's worth a shot.
    The suggestion of Luongo + Pietrangelo is one I've been tossing
    around as well.
    Keep the feed-back coming.
    I'll get back with his counter offers.
    Thanks Dobberites!
    POOL ON!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by smoothfun View Post
    Ok , I'm not a writer , nor an english teacher/professor.
    I'm not a proof reader or student in school/university.
    So sorry for my lack of "education".
    This explains my lack of responses to many of my posts , lol.
    I'm not offended and am out-spoken.
    My team is in my sig. , so it's idiot proof as to who my players are.
    Thanks for the great feed-back.
    I'm kind of liking the idea of trying to get Luongo + Stamkos.
    Not likely to happen but , it's worth a shot.
    The suggestion of Luongo + Pietrangelo is one I've been tossing
    around as well.
    Keep the feed-back coming.
    I'll get back with his counter offers.
    Thanks Dobberites!
    POOL ON!
    You don't need to be an english professor. But you have some major typos (mixing up players names).

He has suggested any of his goalies , preferably Luongo , + Franzen or Burrows + 8th for my Luongo + Gaboprik + 14th.
    So you are trading Luongo for Luongo? That is why ppl asked for clarification and said it was hard to follow. You seemed to take it rather personally though you aren't "offended".

His noteable players are , Stamkos , Paciorety , Turris , Hodgson , Semin , E. Kane , Yandle , Pietrangelo , Markov , Boyle.

We protect 6 and it looks like Malkin , Lundy , Hubs , Gaborik are the for sure keepers for now.

I have Ennis , Skinner , Markstrom , O.E.L. , DelZotto , Richards , Read & Simmonds who are keeper "bubble" players as of now.

I'm wondering if Luongo + his two 8th rnd picks + one of his noteable players or two of those players would be worth doing?

I'm tempted to counter with Luongo + Stamkos for Lundquist + Gaborik ; I'd likely have to toss him an early pick as well or/and a quality Center elidgeable player to compernsate for Stamkos.
    Visually easier to read if you hit "return" between the sentences, or else its just a big block of text. Plus when we reply or quote we don't see your signature.

Versus your original post

I'm tempted to counter with Luongo + Stamkos for Lundquist + Gaborik ; I'd likely have to toss him an early pick as well or/and a quality Center elidgeable player to compernsate for Stamkos

If its difficult to understand a Thread, posters won't bother to reply.
    Last edited by cdubb; April 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks cdubb , that's why you're a Surgeon and I'm a Janitor!

Yes I do take it personally but , I'm not offended.
    It's no one's fault but my own for not being better "educated".

See that , used the return button!

This may give you a better picture of me , 50+ and I don't own
    a cell phone , i-pad , mp3 player , and I've yet to figure out how
    to operate my heat pump thermostat!

Good point about not being able to see the sig. when replying to
    a post , I often scroll down to see others responses when replying
    to someone elses posts.

So I just offered MY Lundquist + Gaborik , + Skinner/Ennis
    for his Luongo + Stamkos.

That would give me Malkin , Stammer , Huberdeau as for sure keepers.

I could then move any combination of others for another up-grade keeper.
    Then I'd have to choose 2 of my remaining players for my final 6.

I'll keep you asll informed.

Thanks for the response cdubb!

Dobber Sports Genius

No more responses , probably my attitude , lol!
    That's sarcastic humor , oh boy , I'll be back , time for another "Keiths".

Dobber Sports Genius

Ok , rumors of Lundquist injuring his groin have come forward, I've decided to trade him for a flat of "Keiths" and a bag of "smoking" weed!
    That should get a response!

Dobber Sports Ace

On average Stamkos will give you around 90-100 pts per season, while Lundqvist 85-95 pts per season.

The difference is Stamkos is younger, and what goalies you can draft that are comparable value (Niemi looks like a 85 pt guy). Because you don't count peripherals for goalies, you just want guys who play a ton of games and win.

Problem is there are 15 teams, so you have to calculate what the 15th starting goalie produces versus the 15th top scorer.

If you can sell the other guy on Lundqvists consistency for Stamkos, and get a high scoring D like Pietrangelo thrown in (for OEL?) I'd consider it, but really at risk if you don't get a decent starter not in a platoon.

Otherwise just keep Lundqvist, Malkin, Gaborik, Skinner, OEL, Hubs (maybe Markstrom)
    Last edited by cdubb; April 6, 2013 at 2:21 AM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Genius

Great analisis cdubb!

I haven't got response on the initial offer.

If I don't hear back by later today I'll try to
    touch base and make a deal.

I may go for Andersson , more for next year and
    try to draft Lehner early.if Markstrom continues to
    prove his worth I may keep him.

So my keepers could ber Andersson , Markstrom , Malkin ,
    Skinner , O.E.L , Huberdeau.

I think O.E.L. is worth keeping , I could try to up-grade
    but , he's showing he can put up nice #'s.

POOL ON!

Dobber Sports Genius

Ok , 1st of all I'm sober.That means I can't blame substance abuse for this deal i just made.
    Yes I did it without others advice/help , like most things in my life.Don't ask how that has worked so far , it's still in the process of completion!

So the deal is , my Lundquist + DelZotto + 13th for Louongo + Pietrangelo + 8th.

Let her rip!

Dobber Sports Genius

Now I've got another offer I sent to another GM , my Gaborik + Skinner/Ennis , his choice ,
    + 1st for Ovechkin + 6th.

The idea is to get the best player in the deal and the best of the best , Ovie is top 5 , end of story.

I'll let you know what happens.

POOL ON!

Dobber Sports Ace

Ok , 1st of all I'm sober.That means I can't blame substance abuse for this deal i just made.
    Yes I did it without others advice/help , like most things in my life.Don't ask how that has worked so far , it's still in the process of completion!

So the deal is , my Lundquist + DelZotto + 13th for Louongo + Pietrangelo + 8th.

Let her rip!
    I would have rather traded Lundqvist (top 10 asset) for OV or Stamkos if you were looking to deal him ...8th round pick seems little value, and Pietrangelo probably tops out at 60-65 pts in your scoring
    Last edited by cdubb; April 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Genius

Not going to argue that I moved argueably the best goalie in the league but , I'm not totally convinced he's just having an off year.
    That said I've gambled on an underated veteran goalie who came as close as you can to being in the posistion that Tim Thomas found himself in and how many of us really saw that coming.

It was more a grittier 'we want it more that you do" team than goaltending that cost the Nucks chance at a cup , IMO.

IMO Luongo has been a class act durring the past year and a half , when he gets a shot somewhere else , whether it's a contender or not , he will do well.
    Then I can try to sell high or keep him for another few seasons.

Pietrangelo is a stud d-man who will play lots and put up steady 40+ #s for years to come.

Did I get the best player in the deal , NO , did I make a major step in re-tooling my team for next season and beyond YES , IMO.

The pick is mediocre but , it's 5 rnds earlier than the one I gave up.
    That is beneficial to the guys who do thier homework and draft wisely.
    Is that me , yes & no , but I'm going to try and make that pick a wise one to solidify the fact I think I did Ok here.
    So , Gabs , Hubs , Lou , Skinner , Pietrangelo , Malkin are my present six keepers.
    Hoping to add Ovie in place of Gabs+maybe Skinner or Ennis.
    Then I'd have Ovie and one of my "bubble" players as a sixth , maybe Markstrom or O.E.L. for example.

Time will tell.

Thanks for the help , comments all!

POOL ON!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think you lost on that deal. Lundqvist is no having an off year at all, he's rock steady. And have you seen his stats for this month?

I like piets, but mdz is good too.

You upgraded your d but lundqvist is a top asset that should be bait for stamkos+ IMO.

Hope it works out!
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury