Thread: OEL vs Yandle

Dobber Sports Stud

Default OEL vs Yandle

Whats happening here! Yandle seems to have found his offensive flare again and has reestablished himself as the no.1 offensive weapon on the backend. I thought it was OEL's year to takeover...argh!
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by pretsel27 View Post
    Whats happening here! Yandle seems to have found his offensive flare again and has reestablished himself as the no.1 offensive weapon on the backend. I thought it was OEL's year to takeover...argh!
    Nice problem to have for the 'Yotes!

It took Yandle almost into his 4th year before he really starting taking off. OEL is working just barely into his 3rd year and he could very well come real close to his point total of 32 he had last year during an 82 game season, he has 19 pts this year in just 36 GP. So the progression is definitely going for him. One still has to believe Yandle will be the piece they move in the summer or next season. Love both these players.

Dobber Sports Padawan

yandle has pure offensive skill and it will show once he leaves the system. OEL is a gem and the franchise cornerstone, and he will do it all. the next lidstrom.

yandle on the other hand, likely going to hit 50+ again on a new team once he's dealt. just hoping it's PHI or DET.
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports Pro

Yandle is the better offensive dman. OEL is more of a solid 2 way guy. Yandle on another team gets 50+ pts in his sleep.
    Last edited by DuklaNation; April 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yandle is a top 5 D for points-only pools, OEL is not. Look at the SOG this year for the guy--impressive stuff. Tippett is the only thing holding him back, if he gets traded somewhere that is more offensive schemed, watch out.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yandle entered the D top 10 in scoring after the last game. I still do not get the constant debate though, there is room for both of them to shine in PHX. They do not have a 4th forward that is likely to eat up their PP time on the point.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Ace

Here's an appeal to the fantasy hockey gods that Yandle gets moved out of the desert this summer. Philly would be a great destination, please!

As a long-time Yandle man, watching this guy put up the numbers he has in Tippett's system, I CAN'T WAIT to see him on another team and in another system where his offensive prowess can shine.

If this happens, I could see Yandle move back up in the fantasy d-men rankings, perhaps all the way to #2 behind Karlsson.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hank mooney View Post
    Yandle is a top 5 D for points-only pools, OEL is not. Look at the SOG this year for the guy--impressive stuff. Tippett is the only thing holding him back, if he gets traded somewhere that is more offensive schemed, watch out.
    Agree w/ ^ 100%. Although I'm getting tired of waiting for that to happen. We may have to get used to the fact that Phoenix has figured out that a strong defensive scheme is the most economical way for a financially challenged team to compete in today's NHL.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gerbernomics View Post
    yandle has pure offensive skill and it will show once he leaves the system. OEL is a gem and the franchise cornerstone, and he will do it all. the next lidstrom.

yandle on the other hand, likely going to hit 50+ again on a new team once he's dealt. just hoping it's PHI or DET.
    Not sure I agree w/ this, or at least the "next Lidstrom" part. I don't think OEL becomes the next Lidstrom unless he goes somewhere where he can become the "next Lidstrom", which doesn't seem to be in the cards right now.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys for verifying that I made a mistake of trading Yandle in a points only league. Then, acquiring OEL on a separate deal. OH well, neither one wouldve been keepers for me.

After watching the Canucks/Yotes lastnight though, seems to be a better option to have OEL on a real NHL team rather than a fantasy team because of his 2 way play/defensive responsiblities. But Yandle seems to be more noticeable and definitely an asset/more creative on the pp and on the rush. Good hitter/physical game too.

Anyways, thanks again!
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Ace

Timing is everything....when OEL was doing better fantasy-wise last season and swiped some of Yandle's opportunities as Yandle struggled a bit, many were forecasting a passing of the torch in PHX...now this year OEL got off a very good start, but has stagnated a bit since and Yandle has come on...people are changing their tune.

Both of them are great and if they can do this well in PHX, then one drools at the potential on a more offensive team. In that situation, I'd take OEL since he is better defensively IMO and thus could hold onto his major role easier on a more run-gun squad whereas Yandle could be slightly exposed defensively on a team like the Flyers and thus not have as much offensive chances...

Basically, whoever gets to leave PHX should have the fantasy edge although again I'd like OEL slightly more in that scenario
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Sage

OEL is far greater then Yandle long term it is not even close. He skates better, has better vision, his passes are crisper and is far more composed in his own end. Yandle is very good but OEL will win more then 1 Norris. Do not second guess yourself you made a wise choice in the long run...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.