Thread: What to do with Kulikov?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default What to do with Kulikov?

Fowler and Ellis are sitting on waivers presently. Either of them worth dropping Kulikov, B. Smith, Hanzal, or Loktionov for? I'm presently a player over due to having Kulikov on IR so I'd have to drop 2 to pick up one.

Need a good balance of win now and look to the future. I'm presently in 3rd overall in standings. Playoffs next week.
    16 team, start 20 players, full keeper. 2 points for goals, 1 for A, PPA, PPG. 4 for goalie win. NHL Cap numbers.

C: McDavid, Kadri, Couturier, Marner
    W: E. Lindholm, W. Nylander, N. Ritchie, Silfverberg, Teravainen, JVR, Puljujarvi, S. Reinhart
    D: OEL, Fowler, Gardiner, Hamilton, Matheson, Reilly
    G: Lundqvist, Schneider, Hutton
    Bench: Guentzel, Leblanc

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default got a question for you....

Looking at the team you have in your signature and wondering why on Earth do you have more goalies than defencemen?

Seeing you have some nice prospect goalies on your roster, but they can't possibly be helping your team this year - even worse, there are only 3 goalie scoring categories! It would help if I knew the settings for your league (how many starts are you allowed per position), but from what I can see your team is goalie bloated

Thinking your team suffers from potential-itis ----> you have some players who will be great in 3 or 4 years, but that's a long time to wait. You also seem to overvalue the goaltender position. Having played in a few H2H leagues, anything more than 3 roster goalies is more of a hindrance than a help if I'm only allowed to start 2.

Ryan Ellis has been sent down to the AHL, so he won't be any help to your team if you take him off the WW. Admittedly some of your goalies have value, although with your scoring categories, I'd be looking at dropping possibly Lindback instead of one of your defence, and possibly moving one of your prospect stud goalies for a solid skater in the off - season.

My 2 cents (for what it's worth)
    Last edited by Man_not_Puck; April 4, 2013 at 5:34 PM.
    12 Team $ Keeper Dynasty (top 5 get paid) - ROTO daily changes

Roster: 3C / 3LW / 3RW / 4D / 1 Util / 2 G / 5 Bn / 6 Farm
    Scoring : G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, Save %, SO

C: Crosby, Hodgson, Steen, Dubinsky
    W: Alfredsson, Nash, Hall, J. Jokinen, Michalek, D. Brown, Simmonds, Yakupov, C. Neil
    D: Edler, Carlson, Kulikov, R. Ellis, Wideman
    G: Backstrom, Harding, S. Mason, Khudobin
    Prospects (<150 GP): Tarasenko, Etem, B. Smith, Hamilton, Lack, Tokarski

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ellis got called back up today.

As for the goalies, 3 start minimum and some teams struggle to come up with 3 a week. So by investing in guys that are going to be getting a ton of starts in the future I can basically name my price when these teams come begging for goalies.
    16 team, start 20 players, full keeper. 2 points for goals, 1 for A, PPA, PPG. 4 for goalie win. NHL Cap numbers.

C: McDavid, Kadri, Couturier, Marner
    W: E. Lindholm, W. Nylander, N. Ritchie, Silfverberg, Teravainen, JVR, Puljujarvi, S. Reinhart
    D: OEL, Fowler, Gardiner, Hamilton, Matheson, Reilly
    G: Lundqvist, Schneider, Hutton
    Bench: Guentzel, Leblanc