Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sell high on Kadri!?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Sell high on Kadri!?

11 team roto keeper league. G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, W, GAA, SV%. 14 keepers per team.

Been hit hard this year by injuries, poor goaltending, and old age players so I'm way out of contention. I'm doing well in the 5 scoring categories (G, A, P, PPG, PPA), but I'm dead last in SHPs and looking to improve my SHPs for next year.

A guy has come knocking for my Kadri and offered Jordan Staal and Thomas Fleischmann. He also has Kesler and Brunner that peak my interest and I think I could get two of these four players in a package for Kadri.

1.) Is Kadri for real or is this season a flash in the pan? Should I keep him as one of my 14 keepers?
    2.) Or should I try to address my SHP issues and deal him for two of Staal, Flash, Kesler (and/or Brunner as a throw-in)? If I did a 2-for-1, who would the extra guy replace on my keeper list?

I'm leaning heavily towards countering with Kadri for Kesler and Staal, but the injury histories concern me. I need some advice!

My keepers (for now):
    Malkin, Crosby, Kopitar, Spezza, Desharnais, Kadri, Phaneuf, Campbell, Price, Kiprusoff and four of Heatley, M. Koivu, Iginla, Doan, Ladd, Read, Briere, Weiss

We dress 4C, 2LW, 2RW, 2W, 2F, 4D, 2Util.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

My first instinct would be to say sell as I am a leaf fan and I know our history of flash in the pans. But upon further review I see a lot of damphouse in him. Pardon the spelling. He is a very talented player with a lot of drive and imagination. I truly believe he is for real and can continue to be a ppg player in the future...barring injuries. He is not currently a bandaid boy so the chances are good.

Keep kadri...I know I would rather have him on the leafs than stall or flash...IMO.

Dobber Sports Sage

Kadri is the best player mentioned there. If you can get both Staal and Kesler then consider, if not noway. Sorry Staal is as good a player but not fantasy I should clarify.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Kadri is definitely not a PPG player. Sorry, he's just not. That said, I'd rather have Kadri than those two guys. If I was selling high on Kadri it would be for a proven 80 point player. Kadri is more like a 65-75 point guy who might get PPG a couple of seasons in his career when everything goes right (such as unsustainably high shooting % from him and his linemates this year, or Kessel last year)

Dobber Sports Novice

So if I were to consider dealing Kadri, most are comfortable with Kesler and Jordan Staal as return?

Kesler would fit the proven player suggestion (recent injury troubles not withstanding) and both players kill penalties. Again, SHPs are my main reason for considering this deal and I have a bit of even strength and PP scoring to spare.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would easily keep Kadri over Staal and Flash.

Staal's a 50-60 point guy and Flash just plain sucks. I wouldn't take Kesler either... closer but not close enough.

Keep Kadri.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Kadri or Kesler + Fasth?

Thanks for the input, gents! I obviously had not valued Kadri as much as I should have.

Although now things have gotten more interesting...

I've talked him up to Kesler and Fasth for my Kadri.

I'm at the bottom of the league in SHPs and goaltending stats this year. Kesler provides the SHPs I need for next year (and his PP production is good), and Fasth would replace the retiring Kipper as my second keeper goalie.

My keepers (for now):
    Malkin, Crosby, Kopitar, Spezza, Desharnais, Kadri, Phaneuf, Campbell, Price, Kiprusoff for 10, and then 4 of Heatley, M. Koivu, Iginla, Doan, Tlusty, Ladd, Read, Briere, Weiss, Bishop

Trade deadline is today - please weigh in!

Kadri or Kesler + Fasth?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Hog View Post
    Thanks for the input, gents! I obviously had not valued Kadri as much as I should have.

Although now things have gotten more interesting...

I've talked him up to Kesler and Fasth for my Kadri.

I'm at the bottom of the league in SHPs and goaltending stats this year. Kesler provides the SHPs I need for next year (and his PP production is good), and Fasth would replace the retiring Kipper as my second keeper goalie.

My keepers (for now):
    Malkin, Crosby, Kopitar, Spezza, Desharnais, Kadri, Phaneuf, Campbell, Price, Kiprusoff for 10, and then 4 of Heatley, M. Koivu, Iginla, Doan, Tlusty, Ladd, Read, Briere, Weiss, Bishop

Trade deadline is today - please weigh in!

Kadri or Kesler + Fasth?
    I don't think so, I would still keep Kadri. Kesler can't stay healthy and Fasth has competition in Anaheim. If they don't keep Hiller, Gibson will be pushing him in a few years.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i would keep kadri and then trade for a goalie. i dont see fasth as a big enough upgrade over bishop at this point. both goalies are potential starters.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would keep Kadri too! His value is continuously raising, if you have to trade him do it this summer has the toronto hype will continue.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Kadri is definitely not a PPG player. Sorry, he's just not. That said, I'd rather have Kadri than those two guys. If I was selling high on Kadri it would be for a proven 80 point player. Kadri is more like a 65-75 point guy who might get PPG a couple of seasons in his career when everything goes right (such as unsustainably high shooting % from him and his linemates this year, or Kessel last year)
    Have you actually watched a Leaf game this year? Or did you just spote of some stats? Well I have watched every single one and Kadri looks every bit a point a game player and there is no logical argument against it. He has the pedigree, has put up those numbers everywhere he has played and is the BEST player on the ice on either team 9 times out of 10 this year. Watch a game!!!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Guru

I wouldn't be making a deal to chase short-handed points. It's such a fluke stat every year. A guy could get eight points one year, and then none the next. It's not worth it.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Superstar

Kesler has become to injury prone and I would shy away from him.

Fasth hasn't shown me enough to be worth Kadri. Sure, Kadri needs to do this for another year to be for real as well, but he is younger and has far more pedigree. Fasth may be a flash in the pan.

You need to hold out for more if you're going to sell Kadri high.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    36 17 22 39

How is he "definitely" not a PPG player? The statistics say otherwise. Are you in denial?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks very much for the input, gang. I've never had this much consistent advice on a player before (and all of it pointing me away from what I was going to do) - I appreciate it!

Kadri is kept.