Thread: Tavares vs Toews

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Tavares vs Toews

I have this argument non-stop with my friends. I have a soft spot for Tavares only cuz he is not surrounded with studs with Toews and he manages to put up similar points (Except his plus minus of course).

Q: Who is the better NHL Player/which player would you rather have on your team?
    Dynasty 12-Keeper League 27-player roster.. Most points at end of season. Must drop 5 at end and then draft 5.

Rosters: 17 Fwd, 7 D, 3 G
    Player: G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG PPA SHA
    Goalie: W OTL SOL SO

FWD: Datsyuk, Parise, Kessel, Kesler, Stepan, Saad, Lehtera, Spezza, Dubinsky, Franzen, Dupuis, Parenteau, Moulson, Chiasson, Soderberg, Eriksson, Hoffman, Kuznetsov

D: Karlsson, Giordano, Yandle, Edler, Josi, Schultz

G: Lehtonen, Anderson, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Better real life player: Toews hands down
    Better fantasy player: Tavares

I do think Toews has the raw talent to potentially hit the 90 point mark - hopefully he'll fulfil it one day if someone can take the defensive burden off him.

Dobber Sports Sage

Better real life player today Towes, hands down. Better fantasy player today Tavares. Better real life player and Fantasy player in 2 years from today Tavares. Tavares will be the 2nd best player in the world until Conner Mcdavid is in his prime.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Better real life player: Toews hands down
    Better fantasy player: Tavares

I do think Toews has the raw talent to potentially hit the 90 point mark - hopefully he'll fulfil it one day if someone can take the defensive burden off him.
    I agree with blayze and bbb here on Toews/Tavares. Woah, that's a bold prediction there bbb but McDavid is definitely special.

Toews was much more of a defensive forward when he started out. As the team got more comfortable with him and saw he was winning more faceoffs and his game improved every season they slowly lifted the "defensive" label from him and turned him loose.

Now he's a top line pivot and playing with studs for years to come, Toews is a beauty. I personally prefer him to Tavares at this point, but the long term edge goes to JT.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."