Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [Trade] Roy to the Canucks

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    LOL

how funny would that be...nucks acquire two players who were traded for each other. if ott is indeed available, i am sure the nucks would get outbid. not sure what dallas was thinking trading him.
    I totally agree, that would be weirdly funny and ironic!

Canucks don't have a lot of assets to trade so ya they will be easily outbid.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Ace

wouldnt kesler be suited better for that 3rd line C? from what ive seen of roy, he sucks defensively.
    http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/story/?id=419688
    http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+45+46+63+67#

Lot more defensive zone starts this year, ended up in offensive zone most of time.
    Semi-retired

The Great One

great move by the nucks....it will help but they still need to get top 6 bigger

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Blah typical Gillis move. Nothing to write home about.
    No way they get clowe. The price will be too high for the indecisive gillis.

Dobber Sports Ace

Not a Canucks fan, but very hilarious to see all the Leaf fans come out of the woodwork to condemn Gillis, when their team hasn't sniffed the playoffs for 7 years (more than every other NHL franchise including Oilers, Islanders, Bluejackets)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rance_droughts
    Last edited by cdubb; April 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Icon

Lol and what exactly has Gillis contributed to their success. All the key figures were a result of burkes and Nomis' drafting and trading

Gillis has never stepped to the plate and until he does(and i hope he finally does)
    To me nothing more then an idiot loudmouth

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    Not a Canucks fan, but very hilarious to see all the Leaf fans come out of the woodwork to condemn Gillis, when their team hasn't sniffed the playoffs for 7 years (more than every other NHL franchise including Oilers, Islanders, Bluejackets)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rance_droughts
    billion dollar franchise
    won more cups than any team not named montreal
    center of the hockey universe

yea...i'd say the leafs would trump whatever team you cheer for. 7 years of not making the playoffs and they still make more money than anyone else. hilarious indeed!

Dobber Sports Master

billion dollar franchise

yea...i'd say the leafs would trump whatever team you cheer for. 7 years of not making the playoffs and they still make more money than anyone else. hilarious indeed!
    You know that's your (Leafs fans') money right? Fans paying a shit-ton for a second rate product? Hilarious indeed.

(to be fair, they are improving, finally)

Oh, and everyone says Burke/Nonis get credit for the Canucks... so how exactly did Nonis get fired for missing the playoffs twice in 3 years with this team he and Burke built?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    You know that's your (Leafs fans') money right? Fans paying a shit-ton for a second rate product (to be fair, they are improving)?
    Hilarious indeed.

Oh, and everyone says Burke/Nonis get credit for the Canucks... so how exactly did Nonis get fired for missing the playoffs twice in 3 years with this team he and Burke built?
    Logic overload bro. Don't do that.

Dobber Sports Ace

billion dollar franchise

Wow, so that's why you cheer for the Leafs? Hard to argue against that reasoning. I just assumed like most pol that you choose your hometown team.

How old are you? Have you seen a single one of those Stanley Cup winners or were born then? You show such diehard dedication to their economic superiority

Got a great idea for next jersey "Maple Leaf$"

Must be a Yankees/Cowboys/Lakers groupie too. All these mega rich franchises exist in other sports, but they've at least won championships in the last couple decades.

Different ways to define success - they can hang their annual revenue statements from the rafters instead of banners.
    Last edited by cdubb; April 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Logic overload bro. Don't do that.
    Sorry, my bad.

Go all Canadian teams (except the Flames, let's be realistic), I want playoff night in Canada!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    Wow, so that's why you cheer for the Leafs? Hard to argue against that reasoning

How old are you? Have you seen a single one of those Stanley Cup winners or were born then? You show such diehard dedication to their economic superiority

Got a great idea for next jersey "Maple Leaf$"

Must be a Yankees/Cowboys/Lakers groupie too. All these mega rich franchises exist in other sports, but they've at least won championships in the last couple decades.
    Leafs franchise is more successful than the nucks franchise. What does my age have to do with anything? If a 5 year old is an oilers fan does that mean all the cups the oilers have won in the past don't count because he hasn't been alive for any of them? Brilliant logic indeed.

Nucks cup drought is like 3 years less than the leafs but the leafs have 13 more cups. Leafs are more successful as a franchise which is pretty much what matters most, winning cups is what counts. But you guys can celebrate your playoff appearances, can't blame you since you can't do much else.

And let's not forget the leafs are ahead of the nucks in the standings. Aren't you guys supposed to have two elite goalies? How is a shitty team like the leafs ahead of the nucks?

Administrator

Leafs franchise is more successful than the nucks franchise. What does my age have to do with anything? If a 5 year old is an oilers fan does that mean all the cups the oilers have won in the past don't count because he hasn't been alive for any of them? Brilliant logic indeed.

Nucks cup drought is like 3 years less than the leafs but the leafs have 13 more cups. Leafs are more successful as a franchise which is pretty much what matters most, winning cups is what counts. But you guys can celebrate your playoff appearances, can't blame you since you can't do much else.

And let's not forget the leafs are ahead of the nucks in the standings. Aren't you guys supposed to have two elite goalies? How is a shitty team like the leafs ahead of the nucks?
    Oilers fan born in '87. I don't beat my chest about any of those Cups. I invested nothing into those teams so in terms of fan ownership I can take none.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

actually you can to some degree MD - a team's heritage is always woven into the fabric of who they are today and I think the fans share in that. Love the Roy trade simply because things are moving, the NHL is alive and it's a little interesting to see who lands where.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Im talking about the franchise success, the leafs are more successful than the nucks based off the number of cups they've won. Obviously I can't talk about cups won, but in that case neither can any nucks fan.