Thread: Malkin for Crosby

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Malkin for Crosby

I'm currently in first place in my (regular season only) keeper league with a nice margin. Unfortunately the lost Crosby has made me question if I should trade him to ensure I get the title. I therefore put Crosby as available and quickly got an offer for a straight one for one trade by the Malkin owner, who is out of competition. For some reason, I am hesitant to make this deal, which is probably stupid right since Malkin is just has good as Crosby. What would you guys do? My league scoring is as follows: G:2; A:1; +/-:1; PIM:0.25; PPP:2; & SHP:3; Not the league in my signature.
    11 Team Keeper League
    Scoring: G (3); A (2); +/- (1); Hits (0.1); PPP (1); SOG (0.2); W (4); GA (-1); SV (0.2); SHO (4)
    Forwards: Ovechkin, Parise, Nichushkin, Domi, Eriksson, Toffoli, Boedker, Kuznetsov, Huberdeau, Duclair, Teravainen, Spooner, Silfverberg, Grigorenko and Wilson
    Defense: Pietrangelo, Suter, Carlson, Voynov, Edler, Letang, Pouliot, Beaulieu, Gormley and Sekera
    Goalies: Rask, Allen, Gibson, Greiss, Raanta and Kuemper
    Farm Team: Mantha, Rattie, Bennett, Goldobin, Shinkaruk, Nurse, Theodore, Matheson and Jarry
    2015 Draft Picks: 2nd, 3rd and 9th overall picks
    Active Roster of 12F, 6D and 2G (moves daily)

Dobber Sports All-Star

If you really want to win then you might have to take the deal. I expect Crosby to be back just before playoffs but that might already be well into your league playoffs already. It doesn't get any better than Malkin or Stamkos for Crosby so it's a fair shake.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

trading crosby away with ~11 games left in the season...
    crosby showed you this year, what we've been missing the last two. He's absolutely insane and he's only 25.
    nobody can predict that his jaw would be broken by a puck
    your call, i wouldn't do it. or maybe see if there's anything else you can do to trade for other help.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sly1 View Post
    I'm currently in first place in my (regular season only) keeper league with a nice margin. Unfortunately the lost Crosby has made me question if I should trade him to ensure I get the title. I therefore put Crosby as available and quickly got an offer for a straight one for one trade by the Malkin owner, who is out of competition. For some reason, I am hesitant to make this deal, which is probably stupid right since Malkin is just has good as Crosby. What would you guys do? My league scoring is as follows: G:2; A:1; +/-:1; PIM:0.25; PPP:2; & SHP:3; Not the league in my signature.
    If you want to win it this year, acquiring Malkin is a must because he goes ape s*** everytime Crosby is out.

If I were in your shoes, I'd keep Crosby unless he sends you Malkin + simply because Crosby is that much better than Malkin. Secondly, you'd need Malkin + to increase the odds of you winning this year and beyond to make up for shipping Crosby.
    Last edited by One87; April 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Ninja

If you're on the cusp of a championship and you have a ver good shot to win it, I would counter with Malkin+.

I also think Malkin will go apeshit with Crosby out.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thumbs down

wow, though choice. I would also ask for Malkin + but would probably settle for Malkin if you really want to win this year.
    10 team Keepers league 18 man roster (+1 UFA-FCFS)/protect 13. Auto Count top 6 Fwd, 3 def and 1 keeper. Points only(def goals = 2pts). Keepers in Bold

Fwd: N.Backstrom, D.Sedin, C. Perry, E.Malkin, C.Giroux, J.Eberle, J.Drouin, V.Nichushkin, J.Tavares

Def: E.Karlsson, D.Byfuglien???, J.Shultz, M.Streit

Goalies: T.Rask, C.Crawford

Dobber Sports Wizard

Huh, before this season started, it would have been Crosby+ for Malkin. Now it's Malkin+ for Crosby. Let's face it, it will go back and forth between those two as they take turns getting injured.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.