Thread: Del Zotto?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Del Zotto?

What's this guy's value going forward? The Rangers as a team are having a nightmare season, so I don't want to read to much into his numbers this season. I like him in my format as he provides a good combo of hits, bs and PPP...tough to find in dmen.

He's still very young, what kind of point production will he see the next 2-3 seasons? Will he remain in NY or get traded? I know he is frequently in Torts' doghouse, maybe when he finally gets fired MDZ will have his coming out party?

Would love to hear what everyone thinks, thanks!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Sage

If you want the truth I think that MDZ is not very good. I'm more familiar with him then most players as I watched him play during his junior days at very least 50 times. He has already exceeded what my expectations for him.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wow, pretty frank analysis. I watch a lot of Rangers games, and the offensive talent seems to be there in my opinion......a lot of players are late bloomers, especially dmen, so what you saw in his junior days doesnt necessarilty translate into what he is as a player now.

What so you see point-wise from him then over the next couple of seasons?
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Novice

Shiva,

My feelings are basically chalk this season up to a " Do-over". Good chance Torts gets canned, and some possible changes coming at deadline or in off season and if a new coach does in fact come in that may change MDZ's role/play for 2014. Are you asking just out of curiousty or trying to gauge a fair trade for him? Right now is trade value is low, lower than what I think it will be in the near future.

I think the best thing to do at this time is just sit on him for now see how things go in NY. Take a wait and see approach. Things will change in NY, we just don't know " how" yet.

Dobber Sports Sage

I think the offensive ability's have always been there but the hockey I.Q and defensive abilitys have always left me very unimpressed as well as his conditioning. This is one I could be way off on easily I guess but I'd still bet against him.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.