Thread: Tune up - Drop Gabby for ??

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Tune up - Drop Gabby for ??

I'm going to finish the regular season in 1st place and get a first round bye. I only have 4 moves left, but I figure if I spend one now, I still have 3 left for the 2 playoff weeks. So I'm done with Gaborik. These guys have had a very hot 2-4 weeks:

Brouwer
    Doan
    Huberdeau
    Vrbata
    Whitney
    Setoguchi
    Stepan
    Saad

Who would you grab? I tend to be weakest in PIM, +/- and assists, but I just want the most productive guy. I'm leaning towards Whitney, Brouwer or Seto.

Thanks!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm in the same position as you with the 1st week bye . But really, I would wait until the second round of playoffs to pick someone up.

1. Who knows how Gabby will do in 2 weeks? Maybe he'll actually pick it up .. maybe he'll get traded.

2. Picking up the hottest player NOW doesn't mean he'll stay hot in 2 weeks when it actually counts.

You do run the risk of losing this 'hot' player to someone in the first round of playoffs, but then again, especially since your league has limited moves, you could be wasting one on the flavor of the week when it doesnt even matter for you.

Hold tight and re-evaluate at the end of the first round when you know who you're playing against (then you can pick a player to buff up the category you are weakest against that opponent).
    1 Year H2H (G,A,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,Hits, SOG,W,GAA, SV%,SHO), 8 Teams 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 3G, 4 Bench, 2 IR

C: M.Koivu, Sharp (LW), Stepan
    LW: Perron (RW), Soderberg, Landeskog
    RW: Ovechkin, Carter (C/LW), Skinner (C/LW)
    F: Simmonds, Johansen, Anisimov
    D: Doughty, OEL, Franson, Gudas, Enstrom, Daley
    G: Price, Varlamov
    BN: Stempniak, Perreault, Lee, Michalek, Maroon
    IR: Letang
    Lost to Injury: Tavares, M.Smith, Dupuis, Fowler, Parenteau, Kreider, Granlund, Lupul, McDonagh

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Brouwer having career year. I picked him up ages ago and have been very happy. He is consistent ..plays pp and pk. He had a shortie yesterday . Plays with ribs . Otherwise seto. Seems the wild should still stay hot for a while
    F: Kunitz(K), Skinner(K), J.Williams, D.Sedin, Forsberg, Plekanec, Vermette, R.Smith, Kopitar(K), Hartnell, Vanek, Oshie(K), Simmonds(K), Teravainen, B.Richards, Perreault
    D: Weber, Carlson, Vatanen, Franson, Sekera, Edler(K)
    G: Niemi, Stalock, Schneider

Cats:G,A,Pim,+\-,PPP,SHP,Shots,Blocks, W,GAA,SV%
    11 team 25 man roster (1-IR) Roto Keeper $200 budget auction draft (3-8) keeper 2 yr max 4 goalie Max unless NA/IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree with the first poster....patience is a virtue, no need to make a move now. Use the bye week to see what Gobby and the rest of those players do and gather info. Don't jump the gun. Lots of good players also get dropped during the bye week, so its good to wait for those as well.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would go with either Stepan or Brouwer - steady as she goes. I would do it now - worse case scenario Gabbie gets going but gosh he would have to get hot for you to suffer from dropping him.