Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dumba$$ Avery calls out Torts

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    I've never understood the Avery hate. He says things to get people upset, but it's okay to kill other hockey players and you can still be liked. Pronger, Cooke, Scott Stevens, Bobby Clark and on and on and on. Hockey history is littered with people that have gone out of their way to injure other players and they are lionized. Avery makes a comment about sloppy seconds and he is Keyser Soze.

No mentions the time he said that he would stand up for a gay hockey player. That if young gay kids had difficulty dealing with kids who picked on them that he would go to the game, stand by th eplayer and then see if those same morons would still pick on him.

I think Sean Avery is an all right guy and if his opinion is that Torts is past his best before date, then so be it. He's allowed to express it.
    Idon't know calling your ex girlfriend sloppy seconds on national T.V is were he lost all respect from me. Pure classlessness coincidentally this is also the time I lost all respect for Dion Phaneuf. Because if it was me I can promise you the last thing Avery would have been worrying about at that time was a suspension. He would have never walked again.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Master

Wait, when have we ever sung the praises of Matt Cooke? I thought he was pretty universally reviled...

Yeah Avery has done some good things but good deeds don't automatically cancel out bad ones (or some I'm told) that his latest outburst is self-serving, uninformed, attention seeking douchery. He hasn't been in the Rangers locker room in god knows how long so how does he know what's going on? Even if he does miraculously have some knowledge then why is he signing it with @iamseanavery is #winning?

How is he winning? Why does that matter? Who the f*ck has dedicated a moment of thought to Avery in the 6 months before his outburst? It is a free country, he can say what he likes (within reason) but we don't have to agree and we are free to say what we like about him (again, within reason).
    Yeah, as monkeys in the zoo know, if your gonna sling shit indiscrimately be prepared for some to come back.

Avery is a pretty good hockey player, a damn snazzy dresser and I respect the balls he showed saying he would support a gay team mate but none of that means I should agree with/respect his public shots at a coach he didn't like.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Administrator

Still trying to stay relevant, eh?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Idon't know calling your ex girlfriend sloppy seconds on national T.V is were he lost all respect from me. Pure classlessness coincidentally this is also the time I lost all respect for Dion Phaneuf. Because if it was me I can promise you the last thing Avery would have been worrying about at that time was a suspension. He would have never walked again.
    ^^^^ This. This guy is a total weasel and I would not put it past him that his comment about sticking up for gay hockey players was only a thinly veiled attempt to make up for his horrifyingly misogynistic comments about his ex. Anyone who shows a complete and utter respect for women like that does not deserve any of our admiration or respect. period.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Still trying to stay relevant, eh?
    That was my thought as well. I have nothing against the guy, but I have always been a fan of people who take the high road. I am not sure he knows of or has ever seen the high road. If he has, it would seem as though he stumbled there by accident.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    https://twitter.com/imseanavery

Apparently he wasn't too busy modeling his newest fashion wears when he sent out this tweet tonight after the loss.
    He Maybe right for once, but he is still a dumbass.

Dobber Sports Icon

Sather = A guy whose been lucky to be on the teams hes been. He owes everything to Gretzky

Torts = typical shelf life coach. Eventually players tuneout the yellers.

Avery = nutcase

Dobber Sports Wizard

Obviously bitter still. Torts is the coach that waived him, ending his career.

Tweet was an obvious shot back at Torts............

Dobber Sports Icon

This is roughly around when I completely lost respect for him. Sure it was technically "within the rules" at the time, but I'm sure there are lots of ridiculously childish antics one could pull that are not specifically outlawed in the rulebook. There shouldn't need to be a rule stating "don't wave your arms in the goalies face" because it's common freakin sense. You aren't 8-years-old on a pond playing shinny with your friends, you're a professional athlete being paid millions of dollars. Act like it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

My point is, do you guys respect Pronger? Do you think Scott Stevens is a warrior? Is Bobby Clark a legend? All of these guys played the game outside of the rules or better yet, they went out of their way to injure other players, because they could. And what has Avery done? Did he ever end someone's career? Was he notorious for late hits that caused concussions? Was he a blatant highsticker? Nope. He waved his stick in front of Brodeur and he said that Dion could have sloppy seconds. And because of this, he is branded an *******. Yet people have no problem with other ******** who end people's careers.

I don't understand that.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Icon

My point is, do you guys respect Pronger? Do you think Scott Stevens is a warrior? Is Bobby Clark a legend? All of these guys played the game outside of the rules or better yet, they went out of their way to injure other players, because they could. And what has Avery done? Did he ever end someone's career? Was he notorious for late hits that caused concussions? Was he a blatant highsticker? Nope. He waved his stick in front of Brodeur and he said that Dion could have sloppy seconds. And because of this, he is branded an *******. Yet people have no problem with other ******** who end people's careers.

I don't understand that.
    All the guys you mentioned also had exceptional hockey skills and leadership qualities among other qualities that one could admire.

Avery was just a douchebag. A mediocre hockey player whose only reason for being on a team was to be a pest and irritate the competition. He's essentially the equivalent of the guy that Shooter McGavin pays to heckle Happy Gilmore.

Avery is only remembered because he was a controversial pest. He does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those players you've brought up. He is more in the vein of Darius Kasparaitis, Matthew Barnaby or Bill Lindsay. He is a pest who should just fade into obscurity.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    All the guys you mentioned also had exceptional hockey skills and leadership qualities among other qualities that one could admire.

Avery was just a douchebag. A mediocre hockey player whose only reason for being on a team was to be a pest and irritate the competition. He's essentially the equivalent of the guy that Shooter McGavin pays to heckle Happy Gilmore.

Avery is only remembered because he was a controversial pest. He does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those players you've brought up. He is more in the vein of Darius Kasparaitis, Matthew Barnaby or Bill Lindsay. He is a pest who should just fade into obscurity.
    No, see that is where you are wrong. You don't get to be an a$$hole on the ice just because you have a bit more skill than the next guy. That's like saying The CEO of a company is allowed to murder or rape someone because they contribute more to society than a measly clockpuncher. An idiot is an idiot, regardless of skill.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Master

No, see that is where you are wrong. You don't get to be an a$$hole on the ice just because you have a bit more skill than the next guy. That's like saying The CEO of a company is allowed to murder or rape someone because they contribute more to society than a measly clockpuncher. An idiot is an idiot, regardless of skill.
    Wait, so you agree Avery is a tool and just wish that we'd call other players on their toolish behaviour?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm not saying that what those guys did was right. I'm personally not a fan of any of them but I respect the skills and leadership that they brought to the game. I do not respect the dirty shit they pulled and do not think of them as highly as I do of someone like Cam Neely or Wendel Clark who played similar styles but were not known as dirty players.

What I'm saying is that the reason Avery gets more flack than the guys you mentioned is because he completely failed to contribute in anyway other than being a pest. Are the other guys idiots? Yes, but at least there were aspects of their game that one could admire. You can not say the same about Avery.