Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Heart Trophy

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Sounds like Crosby might be out till the playoffs.

If that turns out to be the case then Hart will be up for grabs and Kadri should definitely warrant some talk if Leafs keep winning.
    I would imagine Crosby still takes it regardless, but I am wrong way too often

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Banned

Crosby being out until the playoffs or longer won't impact this trophy.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    I would imagine Crosby still takes it regardless, but I am wrong way too often
    If Kadri stays white hot and only Stamkos beats him in scoring, he should win.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    If Kadri stays white hot and only Stamkos beats him in scoring, he should win.
    There is no chance Kadri gets 18 points in 12 games.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    There is no chance Kadri gets 18 points in 12 games.
    That's what you would have said regarding Kadri's 39 points in 36 games too

Is there an outside chance Kadri gets nominated? The way he has played this season....of course there is.

Playing Ottawa a few more times and having silfverberg make horrible passes up the middle in his own zone wouldn't hurt Kadri's chances.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    That's what you would have said regarding Kadri's 39 points in 36 games too

Is there an outside chance Kadri gets nominated? The way he has played this season....of course there is.

Playing Ottawa a few more times and having silfverberg make horrible passes up the middle in his own zone wouldn't hurt Kadri's chances.
    Big difference between 39 in 36 and 17 in 12.

Nominate him all you want but to say he may finish 2nd in scoring to Stamkos is foolish. He's not passing Crosby.

and the third sentence is obvious trolling

The Great One

I'd say 39 in 36 is harder to do. We've seen players get hot for 12 games (3 normal weeks) and easily post 17 points. That wasn't my point. My point was if someone said Kadri would get 39 in 36, you would have said the same thing. "No chance". We all would have. So let's just enjoy his ride.

I'm not saying he will get nominated or he should get nominated but we can keep an open mind about it.

And the last sentence was trolling (like you have been doing on this thread) and it was serious. It was a bad play up the middle (first lesson in hockey) that resulted in a goal.

Banned

I haven't trolled once. I think Lupul is more important to the leafs than Kadri. Even last night, pretty much all the goals were created by Lupul with Kadri benefiting from being good positions. I think Kadri is inflated a lot by luck right now like Eberle was last year.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    Just for arguments sake:

In the last 12 games if Kadri moves up to the 2 spot and the Leafs secure #4 seed or higher, it would be hard not to consider him for at least a few votes.

Furthermore, we all know that the voting is not supposed to be influenced by the playoffs, but my guess is that Leafs making the playoffs will be the #1 story of the NHL, before they even go on a run. (which I am obviously expecting)
    When that happens, Kadri will likely be the lead story of every sports broadcast based out of TO, which happens to be all of them.

Might make it hard to ignore, regardless of the reasoning involved. Going to jump aboard with Grapes.

Dammit, I am getting my bandwagon jumping pants on.

Kadri, Kadri, Kadri, Kadri.....
    Voting is complete before playoffs start to avoid this from being a factor, no?

I don't have an issue with Kadri as a Hart nominee per say, but I think there are more valuable players on that team.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Lupul may be more valuable now...but who was more valuable when talking about 2013 season as a whole?

When was the last time a Hart winner didn't play at least 70 games? (pro-rated)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

isn't the art ross supposed to reward the player with the most points?

who gives a shit what position people come in scoring. hart is for the mvp.

without kane or crosby, their teams would still be top teams and in the playoffs.

getzlaf and tavares (assuming islanders make the playoffs) you can't say the same about

hard to give stamkos the hart when the bolts are almost in last

without kadri, leafs aren't in a playoff position right now, simple as that. lupul may be more valuable, but injuries can cost you trophies. kadri was more valuable than lupul to the leafs this season.

there is no reason to say kadri isn't a potential hart candidate. he probably wont win it though.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Crosby being out until the playoffs or longer won't impact this trophy.
    There's no way Crosby is winning the Hart if he misses a quarter of the season. Period.

When was the last time someone won the Hart playing 60 games despite their dominance? Never. The voters have never done that, and they won't do that. Anyone thinking otherwise is delusional.

Banned

if you are eligible for the scoring title, you are eligible for the Hart. Crosby will win every major award this year, especially since the Pens are in 1st.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    There's no way Crosby is winning the Hart if he misses a quarter of the season. Period.

When was the last time someone won the Hart playing 60 games despite their dominance? Never. The voters have never done that, and they won't do that. Anyone thinking otherwise is delusional.
    OH SWEET MARIO LEMIEUX!!!!

1992-93 - 160 points - 60 games - Hart Trophy
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

It also doesn't matter if there are more valuable players like Lupul today (and I think even that is debatable)... Lupul hasn't been in the lineup almost the whole friggin season and Kadri has not only carried the team offensively but his presence has created more space for the other guys (JVR, Kessel, Bozak, etc).

There's no way in bloody hell the Leafs would be in the playoffs without Kadri this season. Their goaltending has been shaky until recently and their defense has been meh... when you talk about MVPs who have turned shitty teams around, hard not to at least give Kadri serious consideration.

Of course he won't win it for the silly reason that he's too young, but that's another story. If Crosby doesn't come back, my money would be on Kaner taking it.