Thread: Heart Trophy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    OH SWEET MARIO LEMIEUX!!!!

1992-93 - 160 points - 60 games - Hart Trophy
    Ahhh touche

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    if you are eligible for the scoring title, you are eligible for the Hart. Crosby will win every major award this year, especially since the Pens are in 1st.
    what does eligibility have to do with that? art ross is determined by the most points at the end of the season. doesnt mean that automatically gives you the hart trophy.

if anything, crosby's injury right now could determine whether he gets the hart. if the pens continue to win most of their games, does that mean crosby is more valuable to his team than a guy like tavares?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    what does eligibility have to do with that? art ross is determined by the most points at the end of the season. doesnt mean that automatically gives you the hart trophy.

if anything, crosby's injury right now could determine whether he gets the hart. if the pens continue to win most of their games, does that mean crosby is more valuable to his team than a guy like tavares?
    I was referring to the part that says he won't win if he misses a quarter of the season (12 games). He'll be eligible for the scoring title if he misses 12 games, so in my mind he's eligible for the Hart and will win it without a doubt.

It's not close. There is no other candidate in my mind. Even if the Pens keep on winning.

For me both the Art Ross and Hart are basically the same thing, your team just has to make the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I was referring to the part that says he won't win if he misses a quarter of the season (12 games). He'll be eligible for the scoring title if he misses 12 games, so in my mind he's eligible for the Hart and will win it without a doubt.

It's not close. There is no other candidate in my mind. Even if the Pens keep on winning.

For me both the Art Ross and Hart are basically the same thing, your team just has to make the playoffs.
    looking at winners from 2000 and on, the following won hart and art ross same year:

forsberg 02/03
    st.louis 03/04
    thornton 05/06
    crosby 06/07
    ovy 07/08
    sedin 09/10
    malkin 11/12

not doubting crosby is the favourite, but if the pens keep winning without him, it may be a little harder for him to win, especially when the team has guys like malkin, neal, letang etc.